Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Sandhill Atv this weekend for the holiday and met a guy there that had a '11 voodoo XP9 LE on some paddles and smoothies mounted on red labels. Idk what the offset was but his rims were pretty deep, making his car substantially wider. I was riding my 3 week old '12 XP9 red standard. Well I seen him hauling butt across the whoops and huge hills and his car was barely moving around with the bumps. So I asked him what he had done to his suspension. He replied "beat the hell out of it and nothing more" so I offered to let him drive mine so we took off. We went 100 yards and he said "this this thing is a tank!" I asked if I could drive his car and he was more than happy to let me. Guys, absolutely no comparison what so ever. His rode like a Cadillac compared to my tank. Shocks were set exactly the same on preload, and he said the clickers are stock setting, just like mine. Why was his so much more pleasurable to ride? Is it BC of the offset wheels? Maybe BC the machine was wider, the shock was taking more of the bump? It was night and day different and I'm angry lol.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
If his was "substantially wider", that translates to more leverage against the shocks, which is equivalent to installing softer springs or running a lower pre-load. My two-bits......

Cheers

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured! Man what a difference. Thinking about sending my shocks to Tim (swingarm1) for some springs and whatever else he can do. I rarely put my paddles on. I want it to ride like that all the time!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Don't know if it will help much, but my preload and adjustment knobs were set different on all four shocks from factory... Might check that...

Also I don't think the voodoo blue came out until 12... So he may be lying about what he had done to his shocks as well

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know if it will help much, but my preload and adjustment knobs were set different on all four shocks from factory... Might check that...

Also I don't think the voodoo blue came out until 12... So he may be lying about what he had done to his shocks as well
I'll definitely have to check that out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts