Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 RzR S and am just wondering if anybody has used any alternative coolent and had better tempature results from it??

·
Just kidding!
10,752 Posts
I have heard good things about the ice.Typicaly race cars use water incase they break the radiator.There is another product called water wetter that is suppost to work good.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i prefer water wetter over engine ice. It is cheaper, you mix it how you want, and I have heard of engine ice freezing. The water wetter works for me.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I run E.I. in my bike and quads but haven't switched over to it in the RZR yet. My YZ426 and YFZ450 always run warm in the dunes so it made sense. My RZR never seems to get hot and the fan rarely comes on so I'm not sure if its needed.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I was thinking of using ice or wetter and I was at a bike shop from a mech told me they are bad for the water pump, so I never used them. I dont know if its true but did not want to take the chance.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I was using engine ice but Im switching to mocool, its a distilled water additive works better only deal is not an anti freeze but cools better and cheaper.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
When I did the big bore, I went a head and switched to engine ice. I' don't know how much of a difference it makes though. I'm thinking this winter I'll upgrade my radiator. I figured the ice should be fine for freezing, cause my garage doesn't get that cold during winter.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
I run straight Engine Ice....I have a temp gauge and I don't usually see the temp past the 200 mark. It's not very often I hear my fan run compared to regular coolant. I also have the Polaris Hood Scoop hood, so that also helps the airflow. IMHO, it works very good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts