Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Who offers the best Street Legal Kit?

6K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  GEEZER 
#1 · (Edited)
Who offers the best Street Legal Kit, horn, blinkers, and the like?

And do any of the kits come with a switch much like you would find on a motorcycle or a rocker switch rather than the big lever mounted on the steering column.

Also I will be looking for DOT Tires

#2 ·
Check out US-27 Motor Sports They have a sell a complete kit with switches, hi low beam lights, everything you would need listed. We always get our kits from them good guys over there. Talk to Brent and tell him Tony from Racer Tech told you about them they'll hook you up.

#3 · (Edited)
Hey dmax61,
I'm in the market and looking to buy an S in the near future, just been reading a ton on the site so far.
See that you're in CA as well. Getting this street legal kit, do you have it registered in another state that allows you to plate it and drive on certain streets in states that permit on road use?
Don't want to hijack your thread, but I'm curious how you're doing it and what useage of the rzr on street you have....

Thanks!

#5 ·
making my own now - look at truck-lites led's.

the new (fantasy) Polaris Company will be working on this!
expect a well engineered kit for '12. it will be a dealer item.
easy install will have been given consideration.
easy to find 12v. hook-up locations will have been given consideration.

lobbyists will be out there on our behalf to make legalization easier.
we promise to read great blogs like this one with great members, (im on a roll now). to know the issues out in the field.
we will have at least one employee who is responsible for once in a while typing in the little search box "turn signals" to see that beacoup (im biligual) riders are interested in this and bring ideas back to team meetings.
in this fantasy meeting one of the electrical people will say "wow, thats an easy one, we already have conductors (thats wires for you pipe fitters) that are in a harness to the headlamps. and hopefully they will know the standard is brn, right - red, left - grn running etc.
i bet that $6000 asian knockoff on ebay has it right, probably even got the yellow back-ups correct!

on a seemingly simple issue like signals, tooling will changed out.
if you reach up under the front bumper right next to the headlamp youll feel the gusseted area that would be a start. the male /female molds are simply filled in, etc. it seems that little 4sq in area would not be threatened or have a weakness/ integrity issue. if it is, place stiffening gussets horizontally.

oh and instructions for your kits will be in one language.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.