Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only taken my new rzr on a few trips, and I'm already getting a little annoyed with the factory "door net" that comes on the rzr. So my question is, how many of you keep that factory net? And if you do get doors put on, where did you get them from? So let me know, because there has to be a better solution than what Polaris has done.

·
Warranty Voider
355 Posts
I will likely leave mine until I can afford adding doors in their place. They're a pain, but the annoyance will be well worth it, even if it only keeps legs inside one time. :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i keep them for safety,but i will remove them when i buy new roll-cage.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I keep mine on....why? I don't really know. They are a pain and pretty much worthless as far as safety. I guess they keep little branches out. I like the headache nets,they are like thick webbed nets all one piece. Tensile strength is very high on them too so it might be an upgrade in the safety department. I think polaris should have some kind of hinging bar that comes stock if they really wanted to make it safe. If you tip that thing over and there is a rock that comes in between the HUGE space on the sides you might whack yourself pretty hard.
If you want to go the door route definitely check out UTV INC - UTV INC or pro armor doors. I have heard utv inc has great customer service and I am willing to bet they would answer any questions you have. I am roughly estimating that a set of doors would run you $400-$600 said and done.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took them off as son as it got home. Didnt even ride it before
Have you had any problems with trees or other things hitting your legs since taking the nets off?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Mine are on and we use then everytime. The only way I would take them off is if I had doors. One time of flipping and your arm coming out you might wish you had used them. Still not a garantee your arm won't come out but better than nothing. Just my thoughts. Doors would be a very nice addition.

·
Registered
666 Posts
left the passenger side on for the wife and kids. I know I'm not letting go of the wheel.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Used them for a season in the dunes.... They are off now and I am fitted with the doors from Pro-Armor.. There are a lot of choices for doors but I will say that I am very very happy with Pro-Armor.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I took them off of my rzr s but opted to leave them on my rzr4. I think the nets add a bit of safety in the back for the little ones. So far I've got 500 miles on it and the nets haven't really gotten in the way.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
Factory UTV doors since mid 08. Put the upper nets back on fastened to the door forward so that they are free of managing. Just posted because the dreaded "on your side" came yesterday 120 degrees over, got out with help through the front "no window" area.

Harness (4 point) did it's job as did doors (little bend, but her shoulder fine) upper net (arm wasn't out) Factory UTV feels they can straighten cage for further protection. Everything did it's job.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Left mine on till I got leg Minders, While I may know not to stick my legs out when something bad happens, the others in my family are prime candidates for thinking they can hold up an RZR with a leg? They are gone now (I did just switch the little shoulder net for the 2010 plastic clip on version though, It felt wierd not having that little one on there).

·
NEED A SIGN?
189 Posts
Took them off after about a week, If I remember correctly I got about $60 for them on ebay. Charlie

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had mine on until the other day when I noticed I had lost both upper clips, so I took them both off. Not sure about going without them yet, but until I find replacements, they're staying off. Doors are a nice touch I think, but I need to save for new springs first. Boy, it sure does add up fast!:redrzr:

·
Registered
155 Posts
pull mine off before leaving the dealer...ProArmor doors all the way!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts