Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't find a discussion on this so I thought id start one, just curious who has the highest mileage on a RZR xp with a factory turbo without an engine rebuild. Let's hear it! I'm at about 1250 on my 2018 xp turbo

·
Registered
270 Posts
'18 XPT with 3300 miles. Never had a single problem with it. It needs u-joints which I'll be changing out soon. Still running the original carrier bearing and is only on it's third belt. Broke a belt at 1200 miles, replaced it and have run it until yesterday and changed it out and will keep as a spare. It has about 10 dune trips driven hard. It's been a great machine. I got a good one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'18 XPT with 3300 miles. Never had a single problem with it. It needs u-joints which I'll be changing out soon. Still running the original carrier bearing and is only on it's third belt. Broke a belt at 1200 miles, replaced it and have run it until yesterday and changed it out and will keep as a spare. It has about 10 dune trips driven hard. It's been a great machine. I got a good one.
I broke my first belt a week ago, right around 1200 miles as well, technically it was my 2nd belt because I took the stock off last summer and replaced it with a gates and kept the stock for a spare, trying out a hunterworks this time

·
Registered
270 Posts
I broke my first belt a week ago, right around 1200 miles as well, technically it was my 2nd belt because I took the stock off last summer and replaced it with a gates and kept the stock for a spare, trying out a hunterworks this time
Funny, the belt I put in yesterday is a Hunterworks turbo belt. They had them on sale a couple weeks ago so I picked up a couple.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Just shy of 4000 on my 2018 XPT. Lots of balljoints, axles and I exploded the main bearing in the front diff (about 2500 miles.) 2 Right Rear wheel bearings so far and I need to change out the right front eventually. Changed the u-joints in the rear portion of the prop-shaft around 3000 miles.

Changed plugs at 2000 miles which I believe is the only extraordinary maintenance item beyond fluids.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I have about 2300 on my 2018 XPT with many mods . The only problem I have had (that was factory design related ) was the pinion bearing in the front diff ,the diff plugs leaking and the primary clutch cover bushing.
Once I replaced the front diff pinion bearing and seal. I then removed the roll pin in the front drive line to diff, and I have not had a problem since. This was a mod that was recommended to me by the main man at HD Extreeem

·
Registered
845 Posts
I have about 2300 on my 2018 XPT with many mods . The only problem I have had (that was factory design related ) was the pinion bearing in the front diff ,the diff plugs leaking and the primary clutch cover bushing.
Once I replaced the front diff pinion bearing and seal. I then removed the roll pin in the front drive line to diff, and I have not had a problem since. This was a mod that was recommended to me by the main man at HD Extreeem
So the yoke is just loosely on the splines and not pinned or bolted? I discarded the roll pin and used a 5/16 (I beieve) bolt instead.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Yes that is correct I do not have the roll pin or a bolt installed . This allows for some movement on the splines and does not transfer the force to the back of the diff bearing
Here is what Dave at HD Extreme told me about a year ago
The problem is the front drive shaft hitting the back of the pinion and the rear bearing gets damaged and goes out . He has see a few racers lately that have been having the same issue. The frame can flex enough ( example stuffing the nose hard into the base of a jump... thats what happen to me when mine failed ) that excess impact and force is being delivered to the rear carrier bearing and or seal and damaging them. Dave has see this on 2018 models so far. He says do not run the roll pin connecting the drive to the pinion shaft so you have some plunge and then the problem will be eliminated .He said guys that are using the pin in the drive line are breaking them more than once on the same machine even after he has built them a Stage 3 diff . He has seen this a few times with his racers
I have been running it this way for the last 1600 miles or so and all is still in great condition

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes that is correct I do not have the roll pin or a bolt installed . This allows for some movement on the splines and does not transfer the force to the back of the diff bearing
Here is what Dave at HD Extreme told me about a year ago
The problem is the front drive shaft hitting the back of the pinion and the rear bearing gets damaged and goes out . He has see a few racers lately that have been having the same issue. The frame can flex enough ( example stuffing the nose hard into the base of a jump... thats what happen to me when mine failed ) that excess impact and force is being delivered to the rear carrier bearing and or seal and damaging them. Dave has see this on 2018 models so far. He says do not run the roll pin connecting the drive to the pinion shaft so you have some plunge and then the problem will be eliminated .He said guys that are using the pin in the drive line are breaking them more than once on the same machine even after he has built them a Stage 3 diff . He has seen this a few times with his racers
I have been running it this way for the last 1600 miles or so and all is still in great condition
Interesting, I would figure the carrier bearing would have enough flex to cushion any movement. I could see the yoke wobbling on the splines causing a vibration and a harmonic on the bearing causing it to fail prematurely.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2018 turbo dynamix 3275 mile of tight technical rocky NOR CAL single track and some dunes and desert no issues at all and still on factory belt

·
Registered
490 Posts
3000 miles on my 16 XP4T.

Broke,
Radiator and inter cooler (not up to the task from the factory),
Melted stator wires and upgraded to a Hawk high amperage system,
Broken motor mount,
Front diff sprague and armature plate
Wiring harness problem (fixed under warranty),
Axle (my fault),
Wheel bearing,
All suspension arms (all but one were bent),
Charge tube popped (possibly due to tune installed),
Timing chain tensioner (factory one was stuck),

Upgraded,
Full sand craft drivetrain upgrade due to noise coming from drivetrain (billet sprague, sand craft diff bearing, billet sprague, diff shim, complete drive shaft, carrier bearing, motor mounts and engine cross member),
Rear axles to Rhino 2.0,
Replaced turbo to AA turbo upgrade due to wastegate not operation properly,

Upgraded parts not necessary but made the car better,

The list is too long!

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Over 3000 miles on my 16 xpt, all trouble free. It was evo stage 2 tuned and clutched with trinity exhaust. Now I’m on to my 19. Hope it’s as trouble free as the last one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts