Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the best insurance, ok so after 5 years of riding a predator, i bought a 2013 RZR S LE, the dealer mentioned nothing about insurance and i requested a quote from my agent (Travelers) on that friday, well never having even thought about insurance for the quad i was only worried about theft, i never dreamed you could get crash insurance on a ATV. so i was not to worried until the next day when i brushed a tree with the right front tire and bent the frame, yes with no insurance. Then my agent informed me Travelers does not write atv insurance. So most guys said State Farm, but they will not write it because i will not swap all my stuff from Travelers who has been good to us with a couple of totaled cars and a roof on the house after a storm. I got a quote from Progressive of around 600 bucks, Allstate is about 400, i have not called Geico yet but i thought i was throw this up and see who has what, knowing that i will not move my homeowners and cars to the new company. I have to pay to fix this so called FRAME and then buy some insurance from somebody. So weigh in if you have time. thanks, james

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who has the best insurance, ok so after 5 years of riding a predator, i bought a 2013 RZR S LE, the dealer mentioned nothing about insurance and i requested a quote from my agent (Travelers) on that friday, well never having even thought about insurance for the quad i was only worried about theft, i never dreamed you could get crash insurance on a ATV. so i was not to worried until the next day when i brushed a tree with the right front tire and bent the frame, yes with no insurance. Then my agent informed me Travelers does not write atv insurance. So most guys said State Farm, but they will not write it because i will not swap all my stuff from Travelers who has been good to us with a couple of totaled cars and a roof on the house after a storm. I got a quote from Progressive of around 600 bucks, Allstate is about 400, i have not called Geico yet but i thought i was throw this up and see who has what, knowing that i will not move my homeowners and cars to the new company. I have to pay to fix this so called FRAME and then buy some insurance from somebody. So weigh in if you have time. thanks, james

I have full coverage on mine through Farm Bureau they added to my house policy as UTV farm equipment costs me $58 a year.....Point is check with the company that insures your home.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just insured mine with Progressive, where I insure all my motorcycles. It's ending up being about $22/mo for full coverage with a value at $15,000. Of course there is no medical attached to that.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I have state farm for $210 per year. Full coverage and covers accessories as well.

·
skull2002
337 Posts
i have geico, for both of mine,,,full coverage -500 deduct. 183 a yr for the S, 210 a year for the XP. they handled my new motor claim on my 09 no questions.

·
Registered
275 Posts
you will probably find you get a better rate if you insure it with an auto policy too, even if you change your auto from Travelers. Most companies dont give good rates for just a powersport vehicle policy... I insure 1 dual sport, 1 RZR full coverage with my Progressive auto policy and pay $300 ish a year full coverage , low deductible, bla bla bla....

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Variables make all quotes very...variable. Nobody has the same rate.

These variables will include, but not be limited by;

1. Age, sex, credit score, and insurance history of applicant.
2. State, county, or city zip code
3. Vehicle symbol or value
4. Vehicle average parts and repair costs
5. Various insurance companies level of expertise in specific lines

I strongly suggest shopping around, and if your prospective agent does not take time to carefully explain all the coverages BESIDES comprehensive and collision, or if they do not suggest you buy up UM and UIM, Guest Rider Medical, and Medical payments, find yourself another agent.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Berzerker
1,452 Posts
I thought USAA wrote UTV insurance thru Progressive. At least they were when I insured mine.
Same here. Sent me to Progressive's website. I got quotes from everyone, State Farm was by far the cheapest. Beware though, if you file a claim they expect the guy repairing your RZR to send pictures and to do the claims adjuster's job. Then they mull it over for 48 hours before they ok the claim. If your repair guy has to add an attachment for additional work then the 48 hour thing starts all over again. So one day to send in the estimate, 2 days to ok it and the way insurance companies work it's a week each time.

How do I know this? My RZR has been in the shop for a month. My guy sent in an estimate and forgot to add the labor, then sent the labor estimate an hour later. Wanna guess which estimate State Farm sent me a check for? They finally mailed him a check for the difference but now it looks like the frame is bent. He sent in his paperwork for that last Friday. I called State Farm yesterday, nothing yet. It's Turkey-Day week so again, there's a week shot down the tubes. Almost forgot, I've called State Farm once a week and never talked to the same person handling my claim twice. Not to mention waiting on hold for at minimum a half an hour.

My repair guy (Gravity Motorsports) told me that the other RZR that came in the day mine did had Progressive insurance and that he got a check the next day when they sent an adjuster out. His RZR is fixed already. Foremost insurance is supposed to be real bad, he had to argue with an adjuster about 12 79 cent rivits.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Is there anyway to get all the aftermarket /custom stuff you added to RZR insured as well?
My boat is covered for higher value than it is worth, due to all custom work on it. But State Farm wouldnt add any extra coverage to my RZR 1000

1 - 20 of 86 Posts