Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey Chopjaw, I was just havin a little fun with you chevy owners. Nothing serious.I've owned Chevy's most of my life. Didn't mean to offend anybody. Just funnin around!! Have a good one. Gary.
Damm you remind me of the kid who drank too much sugar water......LOL

It's all good man, just statin a fact with the Mag. I knew it would turn into mild donnybrooke.....

Get a Chevy, you wont ever want to go back....;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Chopjaw, I was just havin a little fun with you chevy owners. Nothing serious.I've owned Chevy's most of my life. Didn't mean to offend anybody. Just funnin around!! Have a good one. Gary.

It's all good man, just statin a fact with the Mag. I knew it would turn into mild donnybrooke.....

Get a Chevy, they sure are comfortable to sit in.......while your waiting for the tow truck! :rofl3:
My 5.9 would eat any of our duramax's. No power, tranny lines leak on every joint and mileage is HORRIBLE!
They don't show Chev builds cause they cost half again or twice what anything else does for the same HP. The question is why dump the money into a chev? Cause your a Chev guy...there's no other reason.
Bottom line take a Ford or a Dodge and any set amount of money, it will take a Chev. Not saying you can't build a moster out of a Chev just that guys talking about "average guy builds" fact is the average guy doesn't have the loot to build a Duramax to anywhere near it's full potential. The $100,000 shop builders are the guys investing the money to further the technology. Gets boring watching them put in leveling kits and programmers every issue. Pretty hard to fill a magazine with the "how to's of polishing your fake hubcap spinners" but hey aparently there's a market for it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

Get a Chevy, they sure are comfortable to sit in.......while your waiting for the tow truck! :rofl3:
My 5.9 would eat any of our duramax's. No power, tranny lines leak on every joint and mileage is HORRIBLE!
They don't show Chev builds cause they cost half again or twice what anything else does for the same HP. The question is why dump the money into a chev? Cause your a Chev guy...there's no other reason.
Bottom line take a Ford or a Dodge and any set amount of money, it will take a Chev. Not saying you can't build a moster out of a Chev just that guys talking about "average guy builds" fact is the average guy doesn't have the loot to build a Duramax to anywhere near it's full potential. The $100,000 shop builders are the guys investing the money to further the technology. Gets boring watching them put in leveling kits and programmers every issue. Pretty hard to fill a magazine with the "how to's of polishing your fake hubcap spinners" but hey aparently there's a market for it.

Now that's funny! I guess you dont get the mag cause if so then you would see what I'm talking about. How about getting the Mag for a year and then tell me what's between the covers....

You say "Not saying you can't build a moster out of a Chev just that guys talking about "average guy builds" fact is the average guy doesn't have the loot to build a Duramax to anywhere near it's full potential." I think you answered my statement without even knowing it....

This thread is (was) about the mag and why there is no fix for the duramax or even an article in every issue and why even have the subscription if you own a GM. Their are articles about some hopped up GM engine or a hybred diesel or something but there is in fact that every issue has a "fix-it" with the trans or engine with the FORD. As far as mileage, I get 27mpg hwy cruise set at 68mph. When I tow my TH (16,000lbs) I'm about 12-14mpg.

I could of not thrown in the Dodge cause the articles are about the older Dodge and diesel engins and those are about cheap power.
Hey if your happy with your truck then so be it. But the proof is in the puddin with the magazine.. Read the Mag and then tell me.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Chopjaw, The way I see it you got 2 strikes against ya # 1 you don't like the magazine YOU subscribed too, so cancell it. # 2 you own a chevy that needs fixin up and you can't figure it out without a magazine to tell you what you need to know. Your best bet is to get rid of BOTH of THEM!!!!!!! :doh: :popcorn:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Chopjaw, The way I see it you got 2 strikes against ya # 1 you don't like the magazine YOU subscribed too, so cancell it. # 2 you own a chevy that needs fixin up and you can't figure it out without a magazine to tell you what you need to know. Your best bet is to get rid of BOTH of THEM!!!!!!! :doh: :popcorn:

LOL! NOW that's funny. :rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I am really tired of this magazine. It's all about fixing the Ford and Dodge trucks. When are they gonna come out with some articles about the Chevy.... Yea I know Chevy makes the best engine/trany combo in the biz but jeezz. REALLY? Every issue!
I don't get it...why would you have to fix a Ford? :rollfinger:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am really tired of this magazine. It's all about fixing the Ford and Dodge trucks. When are they gonna come out with some articles about the Chevy.... Yea I know Chevy makes the best engine/trany combo in the biz but jeezz. REALLY? Every issue!
:scared2: That's right,you shouldn't fix or waste your money on either a Ford or a Chevy. Where ever they break down, just leave them there and somebody with a wrecker will take them to the CRUSHER to make BEER CANS outa them. At least they won't go to waste totally!!:rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
:scared2: That's right,you shouldn't fix or waste your money on either a Ford or a Chevy. Where ever they break down, just leave them there and somebody with a wrecker will take them to the CRUSHER to make BEER CANS outa them. At least they won't go to waste totally!!:rofl3::rofl3:
Actually, the reasoning behind my post is that my son-in-law has had sooo many problems with his '06 F250 Powerstroke that I told him to go hire a lawyer.....and he got a letter from Ford Friday saying that they would buy it back!

So...why fix it? Get 'em to buy it back! :rofl3:

·
Registered
22 Posts
no love for the chevy boys :sad:

i have a 08 ford 350 stroker work truck...lots of power (never last 200,000)
my personal truck is a 05 cummins...every day i can't wait to get home !!

i'm a tractor puller and i have to give the chevy guys props...they are lighter and are very quick for a stock truck, but lighter has its draw backs...i've seem alot of parts fly!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.