Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 rzr XP turbo. I wanna put a winch on it and hook it up to a toggle switch on the dash with the other switches. What set up did you use?
Thank you

·
Registered
104 Posts
KFI 4500 worked like a champ many times this weekend in deep muskeg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Viper elite 6000lB W/ wireless remote, Factor 55 shackle mount, and rocker switch from OTRATTW. Mounted winch to Racer Tech front end brace kit with integrated winch mount plate. Also used fairlead & winch cover from SATV.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also picked up a Viper Elite 6000lb winch w/wireless remote and in-dash switch. I've not installed it yet (just got the RZR last weekend), but plan to install it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I got the Super ATV synthetic 4500. Great winch, but the remote is pretty cheap/cheesy, and the dash rocker switch failed after a day of riding in heavy rain (no windshield). I replaced it with a waterproof rocker off amazon.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Warm provantage. 4500. Bought a year ago. Used once last weekend. Broken. Pulled fine. Coiled fine. Now clutch lever is Jamed and it won’t pull back in.
Was this the first use? Asking to find out if the warp cap issue is from all the engine and turbo after cooler heat or from a heavy tow use. First use was extreme heavy pull. It worked for that, then the next time pulled it out it would not engage. Pulled it out and found the end cap warped out of place. Took it apart, put back together and it worked fine until I got on trail and had run for lots of mile. Pulled out and could feel the end cap was warped again.

Warn was quick to send a new cap kit. Trying to figure out a better fix. Since heat seems to be a problem, from the engine, etc. I think. Looking at some kind of wrap on the cap or a heat shield to keep the heat off winch. Other then that, Polaris now has a front bumper to mount a winch on that fits my 2018 Dynamix. $450 to over $500 depend on where bought.

Good to see it is not only me having this issue. Another reason to call Warn so they know there is a real issue and a need for a cap in a different material.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Had a superatv 4500lb on my old rzr. New rzr has a Polaris HD 4500 (whatever is stock on the trail and rock edition) both been great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Polaris Winch, 4500# .Blue rope on 18 dynamix 2 seat, used several times in Glamis it Works well. It comes with a Remote and that is handy, but I also added a rocker on the dash to control the winch, The electronics modules include wiring for a dash rocker...Installation was difficult, but doable in a home shop.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Another vote for the viper elite. Motoalliance has a great service rep too. I have a write up in the how to section with pics on how to install. Was a little confusing installing the first time but I made notes after I sorted it out that should clear things up for those who are new to it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
KFI stealth 4500 with synthetic line. Pulls line a champ and parts are replaceable if something breaks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 19' XPT aswell. Is anyone running a Warn Axon 45-S or 45-C? The KFI plate is what im thinking of going with as the warn plate doesnt show fitment with 2019. Does anyone know if something changed?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Do not believe the Axon will fit inside. You would need a bumper and mount it outside. Warn told me the Axon is taller and wider. The older style just barely fit. Mounting it on a bumper makes them so much easier to use. Not much room with the XPT inside. Hard to even find the end to engage etc.. Plus mounting outside will keep all the engine and turbo after cooler heat of the winch. Have a 2018 and you have to have the correct mounting plate for inside. I'm really looking at a bumper myself to move my winch outside. Seems I use it more to help others then use in for myself. One draw back on the Axon is they do not have a remote yet. I really like having a remote for the hard pulls. Can keep a much better eye on what is happening. The good thing about the Axon is longer and harder pull time and a much better engagement system.

Have a fellow rider who has a Polaris, first hard pull burned out the motor and they were on back order.

Based on my experience I would go with a front bumper to mount the winch to. Go with the biggest winch, the 5500 with synthetic rope and do without a remote until Warn offers one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts