Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 18 xp1000 as far as engine mods or trans it’s bone stock. Only mechanical mod I’ve installed has been a aftermarket exhaust. My biggest question is which tuning company and which particular tune is everyone running? Wanting about an 10-20 horsepower gain if possible. Also can you get away with keeping the trans stock with a moderate tune?? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,702 Posts
10-20 is a big jump for a 1K since it's naturally aspirated...especially without going to 95+ octane fuel...Aftermarket Assassins builds great tunes and is pretty popular, they claim 6-9 HP out of their level 1 tune and it stays with 91-93 octane fuel, super ATV shows about the same form their rev1 tuner... There's other options out there too, but i expect all to be pretty close in HP gain on 91 octane fuel if they're doing it safely....so to get anywhere near 20 you're going to have to step up the octane, (and the $ per gallon). Trans should be fine except for the reverse chain, but that's an issue with stock power, just don't beat on it or shock load it in reverse.

Here's the links for you to check out

Aftermarket Assassins

Super ATV

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-20 is a big jump for a 1K since it's naturally aspirated...especially without going to 95+ octane fuel...Aftermarket Assassins builds great tunes and is pretty popular, they claim 6-9 HP out of their level 1 tune and it stays with 91-93 octane fuel, super ATV shows about the same form their rev1 tuner... There's other options out there too, but i expect all to be pretty close in HP gain on 91 octane fuel if they're doing it safely....so to get anywhere near 20 you're going to have to step up the octane, (and the $ per gallon). Trans should be fine expect for the reverse chain, but that's an issue with stock power, just don't beat on it or shock load it in reverse.

Here's the links for you to check out

Aftermarket Assassins

Super ATV
Stage 2 be ok with stock trans? That was what I was originally looking at to begin with.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,702 Posts
In your opinion which is the better tune?

Don't have any experience with the 1K tunes specifically to have an opinion, I've used AA tunes on my XPT since day 1 and never had any issues or complaints really tho. I do prefer the DynoJet PVCX that AA (and others) use to load their tunes because you can also datalog with it, check and clear engine codes, and permanently mount it as a display for additional gauge readouts if you like. Both vendors provide great customer service as well and offer forum discounts.

·
Smooth Moderator
3,211 Posts
I hate to be a Debbie Downer here but you will never get a 10-20hp gain with any tuner alone on a 1000xp. It's just not going to happen. Your bets to start with a clutch kit if you haven't already and try to better utilize the power you do have. For the low end of your HP goal, you will need at least cams. Like an Alba stage 2 set or similar. The exhaust you have should complement that. If your looking for the high end of your HP goal, you will need a big bore at a minimum (a 1065 is a good setup) and high compression pistons, like 11:1's. Any higher in big bore size and you MUST do rods. There is also the head port and larger valve option as well. With any of what i stated above, you will need to re-tune.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed gilomens flashed ecu and clutch kit in my 19 xp1k.
huge difference as far as seat of the pants feel. I primarily did it because gilomen is the only company I found that deals with the nuisance misfire codes on our machines.
Any little belt slip and the ecu shuts fuel off to one cylinder, not cool if your climbing a hill.

·
Be careful out there!
237 Posts
Tunes don’t do much and neither does a loud aftermarket exhaust. Just makes more noise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed the super atv stage 1 in my 2019 xp 1k about 1 month ago everything is great so far and I have noticed a difference already , very happy with it so far & it was on sale at almost half the price of the AA tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a retired polaris tech and honestly this the first time I have used a tune other than polaris's reflash to fix issues with different machine's over the years , I saw the tuner on super atv's website & thought that I might check into it & was pleasantly surprised at the procedure that was very simple to do and to take the tune out if you did'nt want it any longer , also back during the holidays they were running a sale that saved 1/3 of the price and the shipping was free.

·
xc racer
1,268 Posts
Throttle by wire... Easy to make a tune that people will swear is great but is actually no faster...

·
Smooth Moderator
3,211 Posts
What CSG said!!! What folks should be asking is why is Polaris not giving me full power, like when your pedal is pinned to the floor yet your throttle blade isn't 100% open......

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have stage 1 from superATV.

A tune is the same as an ECU reflash.

The biggest improvement is that the speed limiters are removed in both low and high range, rev limit is raised, and torque limits are removed at low RPM.

There is definitely a huge difference in the way the machine feels, throttle response is greatly improved. Probably not a huge bump in HP, but I wouldn’t want my money back if I had to remove the tune.

That said, the dalton clutch kit also made a huge difference. It’s adjustable, it took me three tries playing with the weights to get it right. Night and day. I recommend both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts