Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback on which performance tune and exhaust you might be using. Best bang for the buck? What type of riding you do?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I havent done one on the wifes turbo s yet, but plan on doing the same as my 17 turbo. I got the tuner and tunes from AA, I did an 80hp "kid tune", which I like for the rock crawling and slower stuff. Then I also got +10-15 hp, and +20-25 hp tunes. Both are fine with 91-93 pump gas. I did these for when we go to the dunes. Havent tried them out yet though

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve got the SUPERATV REV1 in the mail for my 2018 XP 1000. Can’t wait to install it in the Stage 2 performance mode and see if it does what it says it will.....

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don’t have any experience with other tunes so I am just committing on what I have. I have the Bikeman stage 2 level 3 tune. Runs great, sounds great, looks great. Shifts better and belt temp seems to be running cooler based on my Razorback gauge. Straight forward install. They claim Polaris uses their level 2 tune on the new pro XP. They are also the Polaris factory race team so they have a lot of personnel testing. I should also mention that I am not the guy that pushes the limits all the time.

Probably good with any of the top name tunes. I would just recommend whoever you go with stay with all their products. Do not mix and match. Good luck.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm using the AA modified stage stage 2 on my '18 XPT. The standard stage 2 drinks gas at an alarming rate. In the area of twice standard fuel burn. I don't know that he advertises it, but he provided a reduced mid-range tune for me that allows close to standard fuel burn until near WOT.

Exhaust wise I'm building my own this winter. I'm using the Dynamax Ultraflow 17266. It's a stainless steel outershell and otherwise looks really really stock. Except it will have no cats and will be dual exhaust. It will accept the stock spark arestor too, except of course I'll need an extra one. Mounting the standard rear muffler cover will require something creative, but for now my goal is to make whatever kind of bracket I need to re-use it. My hope is to look so stock most folks don't notice anything. I do expect a mild noise increase, but I'll be using turn-downs to aim it down and back at a 45 so I'm hoping it's somewhat mild. Another reason I choose that muffler. It has more flow than I need and is reputed to be somewhat quiet.

No getting around it will be louder though. The loss of the cat alone locks that in.

I've no reason to not use Mike's Stage 3 tune, and if he offers that in a reduced midrange fuel burn I'll turn up the boost and try it.

I'm using 30" tires and feel I need clutch work. I'm think I'm a little low in RPM at launch, and I shift out to fast too.

luck to you,

-d

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Good post ...dafish
I think most any stage 2 or 3 tune is going to gobble the fuel...all of mine have and then I run it harder as well so that doesn't help ...stage 1 tunes on the tight trails would be more than enough. For me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate all of the feedback. Not sure which direction I'll end up going. I will start with the exhaust and go from there as it's not 100% necessary with the desert riding I do.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Aftermarket Assassins all the way. They offer a tune for whatever type of riding you do.
Just do a search on here for Rzr turbo tunes. An extremely high percentage of the recommendations will be for AA.
The number one reason is Mike at AA has really great customer service.
His tunes make huge power and are very reliable.
I run several different AA tunes on my XPT/S including his level 6 tune on E85.
I can't really comment on the fuel consumption. I have never monitored my fuel consumption as I upped my tune to make more power. I tend to hold it to the floor on the upper tunes, so my results would be kinda skewed. I can tell you that running E85 requires more fuel than gasoline.

I run a Boondocker Double Down exhaust as I do not like the side exit exhaust systems. It has a really nice deep sound to it. There are others out there that will make more power though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I second the motion for goat704. I have the Trinity 5 full exhaust and AA clutch and programmer, tunes 2 & 3 (have only run 2 so far) but my '19 Turbo S runs great. AA also has excellent customer service! If you read many of the various posts on here you'll see them mentioned a lot. Factory UTV in Sacramento is also a great resource for building your rig.

·
Registered
72 Posts
AA is what I went with stage 2 and stage 3 running Mike's exhaust, Mike has best customer service you will find. He's there after the sale that's hard to fine these days.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Has anyone with a can tune actually went to a dyno to check a/f ratio and see if it’s even close? Turbo cars and canned tunes don’t seem like a good combo

·
Registered
125 Posts
My AA level 4 turbo mod tune AFR is between 11.5-12 at WOT 22.5 lbs of boost. That’s at sea level with a Dyno jet wide band installed in my rzr.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looking for feedback on which performance tune and exhaust you might be using. Best bang for the buck? What type of riding you do?
Where are you located? If in AZ go to KMS, Kelley will put your car on the dyno and you can see real numbers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So is the easiest way to get a tune is buy one of the handheld devices from a reputable place and upload it yourself? I kinda want to tune it just to free it up a bit, let it run better then stock, not looking for crazy power. I’m staying mainly stock (slip on catless muffler, turbo smart recirc bov).

whos the place to buy from?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Aftermarket Assasins gets my vote. I run tune #3 and his clutch and helix kits. Couldn't be happier. Mike is a great guy with the best customer service in the business.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AA is what I went with stage 2 and stage 3 running Mike's exhaust, Mike has best customer service you will find. He's there after the sale that's hard to fine these days.
Hey PB57, Thanks for the reply. Did you do any clutch work with these tunes? Do you notice a big difference between them? Thanks again, Bill

·
Registered
273 Posts
This is just my opinion of course, but if you want bang for your buck, this is my suggestion. Get a full clutch kit and stage 3 tune from AA for starters. Take the cat outa the stock muffler and your set. Buying a expensive muffler won't do a thing for you but make noise. JMO!
Hey goat- assuming you did this, did you notice an increase in noise from the exhaust after removing the cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts