Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which trails would you recommend for taking the Rzr on in hatfield mccoy?
I was up in march and saw 3 rzr's having a blast on pinnacle creek....

Which would you recommend? Where did you stay?

I am taking my 9yr old with me, and want something fun!

Please let me know

thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
steelrzr
98 Posts
i rode buffalo mountian last spring and rockhouse i thought buffalo mt. was a lot of fun i am going back down the last week in june and going to ride the outlaw trails never rode them before.:ride:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This will be the first time with the Rzr at the trails. Looking for something fun, but no deep mud holes.. I don't want to scare my son.

Is buffalo mtn better than pinnacle creek?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have ridden all of the Hatfield McCoy trails except for Indian Ridge. I think Buffalo Mountain is the best trail system. I was there two weeks ago and rode 140 miles in two days. It has three different towns you can ride to. They are opening a new section within the next couple of weeks and then a connector in a few months that will connect it to Rock House. You won't get stuck at any of the Hatfield McCoy trails unless you want to get yourself stuck. I usually stay at MountainLogger.com but I no longer recommend it due to a change in managment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This will be the first time with the Rzr at the trails. Looking for something fun, but no deep mud holes.. I don't want to scare my son.

Is buffalo mtn better than pinnacle creek?
Buffalo Mountain is more technical then Pinnacle Creek.
Pinnacle Creek is close to a lot of other fun trails too if you get tired of riding there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would recommend any of the trail systems at Hatfield but perfer Little Coal River when taking wifey or grand kids. Pretty scenary and plenty of trails plus the bigfoots hardly ever bother you there! :rofl3:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.. I am torn..

I have been to pinnacle creek, and its great. I also know the outlaw trails are close to there.

I am tempted to try Buffalo Mtn to try something new, and looks like there are more place to stay, and more things for a 9yr old to do after riding.

When you say technical, do you mean hard to navigate, or slow and tight?
Are there places you can go fast?

I will be going with just my son, and don't have another vehicle to pull me out if I get stuck.. is that a concern?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rzr Therapy I have no idea.. this will be only second time to the area. There is alot of info on trailsheaven.comthat might be of use?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I live 5 miles from the buffalo trailhead .I tried riding it several years ago on motorcycles.after 5 miles we turned around and came out it sucked.we went in one mudhole that the water was up to the seat on a ktm. and it was mudhole after mudhole for the 5 miles we rode.since buying rzr had not been to h-m we ride trails that are free .a buddy I used to race gnccs with called a couple weeks ago and wanted try their new single track out.it was awesome some of the most technical and longest single track I've ever ridden.so last weekend me and the wife decided to try it on the rzr.big time disappointment the trail from williamson to buffalo was pretty good.after that it was absolute $hit.if me and my son wouldn't ride the single track I would go demand my money back.It goes around the mountains from buffalo to matewan with very little elevation changes and plenty of mudholes not as deep as before but continuous mudholes and for miles.nothing technical at all the only dangers on this trail is hitting someone in a curve.I can't believe people come here to ride that pos trail.I can go behind my house and ride for miles and barely get muddy unless I want to.and a lot more technical .on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it -5. if its more technical than pinnacle I sure won't be going there either .best of luck to you .if you really want to ride great trails with beautiful views let me know I would more than happy to take you .best of all it's free and no rules and night rides are great.let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
151 Posts
"Which trails would you recommend for taking the Rzr on in hatfield mccoy?
I was up in march and saw 3 rzr's having a blast on pinnacle creek...."

I wonder who they were? lol

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
if you ask this question, you are bound to hear multiple answers. I like Rockhouse the most. Why ? Because I am lazy and didnt want to go outside of Gilbert, LOL . The trailheads were always across the street from where we stayed. Worked out perfect !

·
Registered
322 Posts
ATV riders paradise, pinacle creek, and wagon wheel can all point you in the right direction. There are no maps or markers for the trails.

·
Registered
1 Posts
x2 on out law, but it's all good.ashland resort is nice. water park close to coal river system also outlaw trails there to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My wife and I just got back from Hatfield-McCoy. We stayed at the Ashland Resort from Sun until Fri morning. We were very impressed and satisfied with the resort and the staff there were great. It rained every day/night except Thurs. We only rode the green (easy) and blue (more difficult) trails of Indian Ridge. It was very muddy and many, many mud puddles there. Those trails were easy. We got tired of riding in the mud, and got bored with the trails. We thought about riding on over to Pinnacle but didn't do it. We would go back, but would look at riding something other than Indian Ridge.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts