Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m going to be in the black hills in a couple weeks and want to hit a couple trails in the snow. I have two sets of tires and I’m wondering which ones I should run. I have 32” outback maxx, and the factory 29” bighorns. Anyone know which would be better? I’m from Texas so never really been in snow lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Actually big horns do pretty well in the snow. Might be the only thing they r decent for. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bighorns all the way. We spend all winter in the snow and all we use are Bighorns. Run them flat and you will get around without any trouble at all. There are about 20 of us the currently use them.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
my $$$ is with Pitbull Growlers. IMHO, best all around tire hands down. Does great in snow as well. Only downfall is there is limited sizes. Achilies heel of Pitbulls sad to say.. .

·
Registered
286 Posts
Definitely run the Bighorns in the snow. Not sure why the oddball recommendations for different tires when you specifically stated you owned the two you were asking about??? Almost like they are using your thread for advertising purposes? Not cool!

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Definitely run the Bighorns in the snow. Not sure why the oddball recommendations for different tires when you specifically stated you owned the two you were asking about??? Almost like they are using your thread for advertising purposes? Not cool!
Agree on the advertising statement. Some tires put forth are just not designed for snow and sand. A good sand and snow tire has an open tread. Good rock tire has a much more closed tread to keep rock from ripping open the tire. Big Horn is the best all around tire I know off. Not the best for all riding areas. Found out the hard way the open tread on Big Horns leads to tire failure in rocks. Tried a good rock tire in sand, totally failure, no traction. Lots of RPM and going no where fast. When I go to Utah or Arizona need a good set of rock tires. In Oregon the Big Horns work great for sand, mud slick trails and tree roots and light rocks.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Hmm. Why the advertising statement? Well let’s see. Maybe because running those tires here in Colorado in rock, SNOW, some sand, hard pack roads and any other terrain you can think of, Pitbulls beat out the Bighorns. I have owned both and am giving a Well Educated opinion. If that bothers you and you think it’s advertising then your on the wrong forum which is ALL about opinion and Advertising if you didn’t notice. To each there own though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
LOL. Butthurt much?
Pitbulls had no place in this thread. The OP stated he owned two specific tires, and wanted to know which would be the better choice for snow riding. Nobody cares about your comparison of Pitbull to Bighorn in this thread. But, since you brought it up, Pitbull is not hands down the best all around tire. Maybe your opinion, but not all, including myself, would agree. I too have owned Pitbull's and Bighorns, along with a few others, and can also give a Well Educated opinion. Oh, you also forgot to mention the excessive weight and price tag on the PB's as a couple of other downfalls they have. :lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
The better question is what did he choose and how did they do .... Incase no one noticed the couple of weeks is probably past. I would have suggested the outback max for the extra clearance ... Any mud tire does well in deep snow as long as you can spin them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hmm. Why the advertising statement? Well let’s see. Maybe because running those tires here in Colorado in rock, SNOW, some sand, hard pack roads and any other terrain you can think of, Pitbulls beat out the Bighorns. I have owned both and am giving a Well Educated opinion. If that bothers you and you think it’s advertising then your on the wrong forum which is ALL about opinion and Advertising if you didn’t notice. To each there own though.
It is funny how guys just throw stuff out there without even reading the thread.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The better question is what did he choose and how did they do .... Incase no one noticed the couple of weeks is probably past. I would have suggested the outback max for the extra clearance ... Any mud tire does well in deep snow as long as you can spin them.
It ended up being warmer when we were there so I didn't get to play in the snow. I ran the bighorns because the outbacks are freaking loud on pavement lol

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
Oh, I read the thread. Been reading threads like this and commenting opinions just as the what, close to 100,000 members have been doing for years. Pretty much the norm here. But if you had been around for more than just a little while you would realize this. Whine to someone else why don’t ya.
It is funny how guys just throw stuff out there without even reading the thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts