Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

For my RZR S doing mostly AZ hardpack, washes, and sharp rocks, WHICH PITBULLS should I go with? I'm a little confused between the 3 ATV Pit Bulls that are offered and not sure of the real differences between them (which PB weighs the most/least, which one offers high speed stability, which one is most punture resistant, which ones are the most durable, etc).

Thx

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
It seems that their website has a lot of good poop about the differences of their tires. They do show the tire weights and number of plys. Bighorns are a very heavy duty tire and I think everyone really likes them. They are just really expensive and heavy. You could probably find something comparable by looking at the specifications of tires from both manufacturers.. I need to do that myself

·
Administrator
50,231 Posts
Hi,

For my RZR S doing mostly AZ hardpack, washes, and sharp rocks, WHICH PITBULLS should I go with? I'm a little confused between the 3 ATV Pit Bulls that are offered and not sure of the real differences between them (which PB weighs the most/least, which one offers high speed stability, which one is most punture resistant, which ones are the most durable, etc).

Thx
Rockers or growlers .here's a link to there site with the specs.rockers are 8 ply growlers are 6 ply .
:: PIT BULL TIRES :: ROCKER® ATV/UTV - XOR TM

·
De Oppresso Liber
1,682 Posts
Hi,

Thx

I ride in Az on the same kind of terrain. I recommend the Growlers. For the long version of "why" take a look at the Part 1 and part 2 threads I have done on the Pit Bull Growlers. Likewise, the Rockers would also be a good choice,especially if you plan on doing any mudding/snow rides.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went with the rockers back in December when I was down in AZ for some riding. They have been great so far for me in the dirt, snow and rock.

You can get them from Discount Tire if you're looking for someone local to buy from.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey Grant, I was in the same boat....I ended up with the Rockers and they are pretty good in the mixed desert terrain I ride.

I do like the BigHorns for rocky, hill climbing stuff because they seem to flex better. But that may just be that they are broken in more. Could be that they are a little softer.

I've about worn down my rear BigHorns, so I'm running the Rockers right now. :)

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Grant, I was in the same boat....I ended up with the Rockers and they are pretty good in the mixed desert terrain I ride.

I do like the BigHorns for rocky, hill climbing stuff because they seem to flex better. But that may just be that they are broken in more. Could be that they are a little softer.

I've about worn down my rear BigHorns, so I'm running the Rockers right now. :)
How are you liking them so far?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Pretty good, I like them. They are a bit taller than the BigHorns, but that is because I have them on 12x7 rims.

On my first high speed run I thought they were just a tad bit dicey until I let some air out and then they were fine.

Definitely a stout tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts