Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got my turbo setup going. Went to sandfest, i currently run the doonz paddles on the front and rear. 25.5" tall. Im running 10lbs of boost, running dead even with my buddies 900 with the exact same paddles. Would i benefit running different paddle tires? (More paddles). Let me know what some of you guys are running and like. These seem to spin a lot from a dead stop, just looking for something that hooks a little better! Thanks for any help!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
305 Posts
need a little more info, but hands down i would go with the STUs there is the regular blaster and the pros, from there its either #1 paddle which is a shorter paddle or #2 which is the taller paddle, then its stagger, play or comp cut.

whos kit are you running? 800 im assuming?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Tsi kit, pcv with autotune, dynatek ignition, 24lb injectors, port and polished head, arp studs, cp 9.0:1 pistons. 2008, 800. I ride trails, jump, and a little racing!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My XP is stock and I tried out the Blaster Comp Cut #1, which Fullertons recommended, and they worked way better than I thought they would. They put out one hell of a roost!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
My XP is stock and I tried out the Blaster Comp Cut #1, which Fullertons recommended, and they worked way better than I thought they would. They put out one hell of a roost!!
I wondered about those in the l.s. I have skat 9 paddles. It spins a lot in that soft sand. I kind of wonder if you should add paddles any given tire setup if its Oklahoma you are riding. Can you wheelie with those on the stock xp?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't spin a whole lot at all. I was riding with a guy that had 8 paddles and I was watching others guys roost compared to what I was throwing up and there was no comparison. People had a hard time following me and they would say that they could definitely tell when I got on it. I am riding L.S. and thats all I have ever ridden (dunes wise). I couldn't tell you how impressed I am with them. I can't wheelie from a stop but I can when I ride the slow rollers on the back side of the dunes. I'm running smoothies on the front. You will not be disappointed! Not sure what kind of wheels you are running but Fullerton told me for every pound you get rid of, is 1 horse power your get back so I decided to go with Douglas Red Labels and OMF beadlocks. Nice clean look.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Running 12x10 hipers. I was pleased with the nine paddles overall. Wish I could have ridden with you to compare.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How many paddle are the blasters?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just read that you have turbo. You might want to go with the comp cut #2 blasters. The paddles are a little taller which should work out pretty well for you.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody know what a set of doonz fronts and rears sale for? No wheels, tires only?
They have about 4 trips to the dunes, no pavement burnouts on them either! Lol

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They were a big improvement over stock tires. I noticed they dont hook very good now with the turbo! Lol. I just dont want to over paddle it!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
You know the best advice I would give is call someone who has a turbo XP who has ridden the Oregon dunes and also happens to be in the sand tire business. Someone has taken different set ups out to the dunes and tested them... I highly recommend that you call Fullerton Sand Sports and talk to Dave or Steve.. Listen to what they tell you and then make an educated decision... Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave is supposed to get a hold of me. My rzr is an 800 turbo also.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
9 paddle extremes, gonna give them a shot!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
There you go! Enjoy and ride the hell out of em!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts