Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Which air filter to buy

8K views 43 replies 20 participants last post by  tattoo3055 
#1 ·
I need an air filter for my 900S, is anyone using the factory Polaris high performance one with Donaldson media??

#5 ·
I am running the Donaldson/Polaris filter and an S&B particle separator.
With the particle separator very little dust ever makes it to the filter.
What little dust does make it that far I wanted a good quality filter stop it from getting any farther.
Dust is the #1 killer of these engines IMO. And I want mine to last a long time.

#7 ·
They only stop the larger stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

#13 ·
The benefit of the R2C is that it's a synthetic washable media that's just as effective as the paper OEM.

#18 ·
I am running the Donaldson-Polaris filter. I actually purchased 4 of them last year so I would be set for the next couple years. Air filtration is the most important preventive maintenance item to protect the motor so its money well spent IMO.

If your engine oil gets dirty your air filter is letting dirt in. My engine oil looks like new after 1,000 miles of trail riding.

#22 ·
I use the stock Polaris main but use the Desert Craft pre-filter system. The R2C pre-filter keeps the majority of the dust off the main and are easily accessible for cleaning. I currently have 1000 miles on the main!

#27 ·
It is! Use it, wash it, throw it away and install a new one. Use the washing machine or the dishwasher, your choice. :huepfenicon111:
Seriously, it's probably not the synthetic material like the R2C. Even then you have to follow the directions, it says the Simple Green will etch corrode the screen if too strong or left on too long.

Reactions: AZRIDER82146
#24 ·
I use the R2C. Does the Donaldson clamp on the throat of the air intake or just slide on like OEM?

#26 ·
Good idea. That was why I was asking. The clamp on the R2C was the selling point for me. I've cleaned mine in a five gallon bucket of water and Simple Green twice. Was amazed how dirty the solution in the bucket got.

Reactions: RZRdavid
#30 ·
Read the old threads. Search for the word "DUSTED". So many engines killed by oiled foam filters. Ask yourself, if the flow is so much better, it can't be catching all the dust. And there are tests. The paper filter always beats the oiled foam. Only viable alternative is the R2C.

#32 ·
I think that's the heavy duty filter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#33 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.