Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an air filter for my 900S, is anyone using the factory Polaris high performance one with Donaldson media??

·
Registered
190 Posts
I am running the Donaldson/Polaris filter and an S&B particle separator.
With the particle separator very little dust ever makes it to the filter.
What little dust does make it that far I wanted a good quality filter stop it from getting any farther.
Dust is the #1 killer of these engines IMO. And I want mine to last a long time.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about Outerwear prefilter wraps over the airfilter? They worth it? Anyone using them?

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
How about Outerwear prefilter wraps over the airfilter? They worth it? Anyone using them?
They only stop the larger stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
They only stop the larger stuff.

That said, I still use one.

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
Ok, I just ordered the Polaris Donaldson one for 60 bucks! Gonna give it a try
The benefit of the R2C is that it's a synthetic washable media that's just as effective as the paper OEM.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I am running the Donaldson-Polaris filter. I actually purchased 4 of them last year so I would be set for the next couple years. Air filtration is the most important preventive maintenance item to protect the motor so its money well spent IMO.

If your engine oil gets dirty your air filter is letting dirt in. My engine oil looks like new after 1,000 miles of trail riding.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Note - Filters like the Donaldson, with nano-fiber synthetic media, should be cleaned very gently, forcing air from the inside out or using high air pressure can actually damage the media and render the filter useless. I just vacuum them with shopvac to remove dust etc.

51,000 Reasons to Keep Running with Donaldson Filters

1 - 20 of 44 Posts