Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im finally ready to buy one of these machines i ride in treverton pa its mostly all coal dirt an poal lines an best mud around the rocky terrain isn't crazy but ive heard alot of concern about the radius arms on the xp getting bent all the trails you could drive trucks through so im not worried about width but with some technical smaller coal banks id love to have the power of the xp the 800 s le just seems to be a more solid machine was wondering how they both perform in wash outs an hill climbing im a power nut so im affraid 800 wont please me an really not looking to turbo charge or supercharge

·
Registered
258 Posts
Love my 900, if you are going to spend the money might as well get the best thing going. You'll love it.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Sorry guys but I'll speak up for the S. Its a great machine with no radius arms to bend. I like the stability of being 60 inches wide and the ride is awesome. From what I heard from a very good source, the S rides better than the XP does suspension wise. I would believe that. I think the S is a great trail machine. You won't be sorry for either one though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True! Thanks guys anyone have problems with radius arms being bent on the trail? I dont rock crawl but some trails are tough and hear alot about snapped axles is that common??

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
You snap axles when you put big tires (30 inch +) on it and then go stomp around in the mud. Rock crawling is no big deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my 2012 XP Orange Madness I live in SW ohio and mostly trail ride I don't think the ride is bad but the faster you hit stuff the better it gets. When going though the creek at slow speeds 5mph or slower its bumpy but I watch the guys on atvs get beat around and think sucks to be them :) of yeah the xp has tons of power I was drag racing a 700 raptor and he won by about 10 foot over a 300 foot run

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im really leaning toward the xp now im 22yrs old and not worried about a little bouncing thats half the funi found a used black and white xp for 13999 with 417 miles on it at a dealer good price?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks ill see if i can get him at 13500 out the door price :) and if i put just skid plates.on to cover the radius arms that will solve my problem if i have one with them

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Where do you live? Profile isn't filled out with location so it's hard to make any suggestions based on all important terrain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sry just signed up i live eastern pa all coal banks and wooded trails but the trails are wide enough for the xp some hill climbs at the top are narrow but idk if id even attempt...

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
If it's wide enough for an S, it's wide enough for an XP.
Not true if there are tight sled bridges to cross, 60" barriers like we have, and fish and game wardens poking around. Yes, they'll fit on trails, but there are multiple other considerations. Sounds like he's all set for the XP900 in PA.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts