Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Can someone who has purchased new shocks from a retailer let me know where to find upgraded front and rear shocks for a 2016 Rzr 170? I've read a lot about Raptors but can't find any place that lists them specifically for the 170.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got a new 2016. Put raptor 660 front shocks on front. And z400 front shocks on the rear. Major difference for the kids. The raptor shocks did make it bow in a little in the front. Bit when my kids get in it, it flattens out. And rides so much smoother.

660 raptor on front

Z400 fronts on rear
https://vimeo.com/196437453

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
i noticed you replied sharing your experience with the rzr 170 and it upgrades on the shocks... i had a few questions for you... on the raptor 660 shocks is it just a straight purchase and bolt on the rzr ..or do you actually have to separate the actual shock and put it over the original strutt of the rzr 170..reason i ask is because ebay has some but its the whole assembly.. coil and strutt so trying to do it right... also will this fix the tilt ..i notice when my kids ride it tilts the tires in the front toward the inside on the upper part..my kids dont complain but visually it seems as if the tire could fall off or break off any minute ...hopefully you know what i mean ..and last do i need to do something to the rear when upgrading the front? or would the front just be ok? again the reason im looking into this is for the tilt it has

·
Registered
76 Posts
This thread is a few years old zombie1136, but the raptor shocks should be direct bolt on as a complete assembly. The factory shocks have a collar at the bottom that lets you adjust between 3 ride heights, spin it(not as easy as it sounds) to compress the spring more and fix your camber issue when riding

·
Registered
2019 RZR XP4 1000
347 Posts
I put Raptor 700 shocks on the front of my kids 2016 170 and they work well. I re drilled the lower shock mount lower to fix the camber issue. It sits level and the shocks actually have articulation. My kids have said it feels better in the ride and the front end is less darty while they drive over rough terrain. I can take some pics when I get home if that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put Raptor 700 shocks on the front of my kids 2016 170 and they work well. I re drilled the lower shock mount lower to fix the camber issue. It sits level and the shocks actually have articulation. My kids have said it feels better in the ride and the front end is less darty while they drive over rough terrain. I can take some pics when I get home if that helps.
Yes pics plz...LOL

·
Registered
4” portals, 36” XC350s
105 Posts
Yes pics plz...LOL
Last few pages:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did the Raptor/LTR swap on my 2021, should be exactly the same.....very easy swap and well worth it. Like above, you can set the preload with the collar but I don't have any worries about the camber, it's a pretty basic suspension system that you won't ever get as good as a full size machine.

Sean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts