Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont like the spun aluminum ones. what something that looks nice, gives a little better off road ability but doesnt hurt performance too much.

Also, are the lift kits worth it? they seem pricey.

·
Registered
211 Posts

Craigslist my friend. I have 2-170's. got these Itp aluminum rims for my girls ride with 24" maxxis tires for $260 total. The ground clearance is amazing compared to stock. I would recommend getting the 11 tooth front sprocket to help with acceleration.

For my sons 170 I bought a set of 24" dirt devil tires mounted on Honda rancher rims with 1.5" spacers. They are beast on his ride. I don't have photos on my phone if his but I will post upon return from vacation.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
It order it all separately and installed at home. Save about $100 and used it to upgrade front and rear shocks. I think the tires are 23x7 on all 4. With a 2+5 offset on all 2 wheels. Dropped for a 12tooth to a 12tooth sprocket so I won't lose power. Front shocks are raptor 660 fronts and rears are z400 fronts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
So I’ve been scrolling and scrolling, but sometimes certain posts seem to lack a bit of info.

Plain and simple, on factory wheels, whats the largest tires that will fit the 170??

I got a quote for 22x10 for the rear and 21x9 for the front. $250cdn . Don’t know if if I can go bigger??

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I’ve been scrolling and scrolling, but sometimes certain posts seem to lack a bit of info.

Plain and simple, on factory wheels, whats the largest tires that will fit the 170??

I got a quote for 22x10 for the rear and 21x9 for the front. $250cdn . Don’t know if if I can go bigger??
Did you ever get a answer?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts

Craigslist my friend. I have 2-170's. got these Itp aluminum rims for my girls ride with 24" maxxis tires for $260 total. The ground clearance is amazing compared to stock. I would recommend getting the 11 tooth front sprocket to help with acceleration.

For my sons 170 I bought a set of 24" dirt devil tires mounted on Honda rancher rims with 1.5" spacers. They are beast on his ride. I don't have photos on my phone if his but I will post upon return from vacation.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Jeff,

How have the 24" tires worked out regarding any rubbing and do you have any lift?

Are the spacers 1.5" all around ?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hi Gotbrute,

I have info on here where people are going as high as 24" front and 25" in the back, there is however a lift and spacers needed. I'm looking to put 23" tires on my son's 2016 rzr 170, just would like to have a lift and that's is not easy in Canada. Any good welders make up a good set I was hoping. No luck yet for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It order it all separately and installed at home. Save about $100 and used it to upgrade front and rear shocks. I think the tires are 23x7 on all 4. With a 2+5 offset on all 2 wheels. Dropped for a 12tooth to a 12tooth sprocket so I won't lose power. Front shocks are raptor 660 fronts and rears are z400 fronts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
How did the 23x8 tires all around work out ? They all have the same offset as well, I thought that the 2+5 offset would be a problem on the rear.

Thanks, Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts