Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems like all the forum vendors that used to offer discount codes are no longer active... and most of their websites have gone under.

i find the value of totron to be totally worth it over amazon bars... but no way in hell im forking out the money for rigid.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Totron makes good LED bar at a reasonable cost, as you said good value. I have been using the same ones for years over several machines with zero failures. There is a difference in quality / brightness between them and the high $$ competitors but personally I can't see the $$ justification. Can't give you a current source because I have not needed a new one in years.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totron makes good LED bar at a reasonable cost, as you said good value. I have been using the same ones for years over several machines with zero failures. There is a difference in quality / brightness between them and the high $$ competitors but personally I can't see the $$ justification. Can't give you a current source because I have not needed a new one in years.
yeah, exactly. i wouldnt need another one except i have a new machine to put one on. i find totron to be about 95% of rigid... next to each other you can tell, but otherwise its pretty similar. the amazon bars are about 1/4-1/2 of totron/rigid. as in, you can tell as soon as you turn them on. ive found my 12" totron combo on my bumper to shine farther and brighter than the 30" curved mictuning bar i have on my roof. the mictuning is bright, but its bright where i dont need it. if i ever need to look for treed raccoons ill be set though!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazon has Totron light bars for great prices.
idk... they seem higher than what you could get them from the site sponsors... and the selection is really terrible.

way back, i tested the waters for selling them, and one of the rules was no ebay, no amazon... so im wary of buying off of there. plus, besides me being familiar with the packaging, there isnt really any markings on them that would confirm that they are totron, and not just some misc crap bars being sold as totron. hoping to find a direct retailer to go with.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you ever find a source for the Totron bars? I am looking for one also.
no. its quite surprising actually.

ended up picking up a crappy mictuning bar as a placeholder till i find a decent price on a totron. laughably dimmer than the identically sized totron light on my fathers quad, but when i find a replacement it will get placed on backup light duty, assuming its still working.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have Rough Country lights going on sale. Look at this ink and let me know what you think. PM if you want one or a price quote.

https://www.roughcountry.com/lighting-and-accessories/lights.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwtO7qBRBQEiwAl5WC203JCwvZrRkagJjgNf5LIf5BVDt2LxwAeuXwhBIlD2P9fHofkMX3kRoCD1cQAvD_BwE
random branded lights are a no go for me. likely they are some other brand with a logo powder coated on. be it totron, or an ebay special, there is no telling.

unless there are a significant number of unbiased reviews with comparisons to other brands, its too much of a crap-shoot and id rather buy a totron if i can find it as ill know what im getting. but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait.. amazon shows the vendor of the totron light bars is... wait for it...totron.
search amazon for totron led:
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=totron+led&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

1 in 10 of those are actually totron brand. click on each, not a single vendor is totron:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00XQA36UW/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

so instead, click on the totoron brand and get all totron products:
https://smile.amazon.com/TOTRON/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_10931839011?ie=UTF8&node=10931839011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=TOTRON

again... click on each item(and btw, nowhere close to a decent selection of totron products im looking for), and then click on "available from 2 sellers":
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00S74JCQ4/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

ohh look. neither vendor is totron!

your response is... wait for it.... not accurate.. and also... wait for it... not funny.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Funny? At least a little. But yea, looks like i jumped the gun thinking it was for real. Still, whats the option? Are you thinking somebody selling over this forum is better qualified than an Amazon seller? Totron doesn’t appear to sell direct, so some vendor seems a requirement. Whats left seems to be validating trust in the vendor buying from Totron, or distribution, direct.

Since you report you’ve probed this, does Totron sell direc pt to dealers, or do they use US distribution? Like tucker rocky, or etc.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i actually dabbled in selling totron lights when they were the first competitor to rigid. basically you get them shipped direct to you from totron. i had to order a certain amount to even get them to ship to me some samples. part of the deal was no ebay, no amazon, no group bys. i ended up using a few on my various rigs, and selling the rest to my friends for my cost.

idk if the no ebay/amz thing has changed. not saying i couldn't have easily gotten away with selling them on amazon or ebay. i just didnt want the hassle of doing it at all. plus, the sellers on the forums ended up getting real competitive and in order to make money, i would have had to buy in vry large quantities, and the profit margin wasnt all that great.

back to the real question though... i trust forum vendors way more than amazon or ebay faceless/nameless folk. amazon/ebay could sell mictuning products as totron quite easily, and youd never know the wiser. a forum vendor would get called out pretty quickly. but yeah... a forum vendor could definitely screw me over... but if you go to the amazon links, and look at the sellers, and then look at what they are selling... lots of times they have a few items that are labeled as totron, that totron doesnt even seem to have on their website.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts