Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everyone does to hook up to the front in order to be pulled out of mud if you're stuck, or to pull others out. I have a winch but I'm looking for a sturdy, quick option to hook on to and pull without having to put a bulky bumper on the front. I know there has to be an option out there without having to have a bumper and without having to string the winch out for just a simple tug.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good question! I'd like to know this as well. I know I sure don't trust my bumper mounts to hold tight for something like that.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
All rzrs have a place near the bottom of the front end with a recessed open area with a steel bar going across it for just this use, if your running a prerunner type polaris bumper it has places to hook to.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
The little steel bar can be hard to hook to.
I would put a short strap around it, or get a good low profile bumper that is attached to the frame (not the radiator support).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that small bar but didn't know if that's what it's for or not. I question the strength of it, but if that's what it's made for I guess it'' work.

Has anyone seen the front mount 2" receiver hitch mounts for the rzr somewhere on the net. I think they mount up where the winch is if I'm not mistaken. If not, has anyone has any luck with that thing?

·
Addicted
3,657 Posts
I dont have any pics cuz my rzr is in the shop, but I took a piece of 1" x 3' nylon webbing and made a loop out of it and wrapped it around the two front frame "downtubes". It makes a nice and strong place to hook a winch to, plus it is up higher so I dont have to dig in the mud for it. I loop the accessible part around my winch hook so its right there if I need it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
i attached a short length of 3/16 chain around the factory rod and made it a closed loop. this is much easier to find when under water or the front is packed with mud, doesn't rattle and has never snagged on anything. works for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to find and use the little bar last weekend with it under water! sure wish i had found this forum before that little swimming incident! I have a nylon strap on it now!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
That hook bar is beefier on my 2011. It has a swag in the middle so you can place a hook on it easy.

later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts