Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help!

Installing my new winch and it says to connect one of the wires to a wire that is only hot when the key is on.

Which wire in the dash can I use?

Thanks

·
Addicted
3,657 Posts
There should be an orange wire under the dash. It has a bullet type connector.
X2. It has a thin black stripe on it. Under center of dash, close to ignition cylinder.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The power wires to the 12v cigerrate lighter plug is ignition wire. There rue two extra wires taped to the power wire u can use that have bullet connectors on them orange with black strip

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know I am bringing a old thread back from the dead but how do you do this now? orange and black wire from the cigarette lighter has a bullet connector do I splice that wire or how do you do this?

·
Registered
261 Posts
It has a bullet connector on it but is hooked to nothing. You can just use it. When you find the wire it will make sense. It was put there to be used for just this reason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was going to start looking through the owner's manual for the ignition wire but lucky for me I went to the forums first! I found this wire no problem thanks to your help!

I have several wires needing this connection -- any advice on approach to connect multiple wires?

·
Registered
1 Posts
same here trying to hook up L E D lights and 2 whips radio horn and blinkers.I hook up the radio and horn blinkers and baterry goes dead after three days.would rather hook al to ignition so there is no draw down on baterry.wondering if I hook all the extras to the orang and black is it going to cause a problem with the the L E D and fuses ? thanks for the orange and black

e
d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts