Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Where are y’all mounting your pew pew in your rzr??

13K views 89 replies 37 participants last post by  JoelProXP 
#1 ·
My wonderful wife got me an early birthday present today. Springfield XDM 9. Usually carry something with us 99% of the time. Was starting to look at options to lock one up in the rzr. My seats are so wide I don’t know that a center console/armrest safe will fit. Do they make something MOLLE that’s waterproof that will go on a bombshell door bag mounting system thingy? Or are the armrest’s better fitting than it looks like in pics online with aftermarket seats?
th

See less See more
#6 ·
When you say lock it up; do you mean safe storage if you are stopped at, say a restaurant, that has a no firearms allowed sticker on the door?

Or locked up to carry on the trail?
Probably I should say locked up while stopped on the trail and riding. I have a little pack I carry in Now in the passenger seat. Easy to get to. Bag only big enough for a small frame pistol now. Was exploring my options...guessing something more secure while riding than in the bag in case of a rollover.

#5 ·
My wonderful wife got me an early birthday present today. Springfield XDM 9. Usually carry something with us 99% of the time. Was starting to look at options to lock one up in the rzr. My seats are so wide I don’t know that a center console/armrest safe will fit. Do they make something MOLLE that’s waterproof that will go on a bombshell door bag mounting system thingy? Or are the armrest’s better fitting than it looks like in pics online with aftermarket seats? View attachment 679960 th

Where I always carry it, on me.

#12 ·
I recently purchased the locking door thing that Hardline ATV was advertising. It replaces the netting on the passenger side dash of my rzr. Not sure what you have. I locked mine up in there last night. I put my .45 Shield in there still in the holster and had plenty of room. I typically carry mine in the door bag or center console area when not away from the rzr.

#16 · (Edited)
Our little ride group was accosted by an armed idiot on the trail one time. Total of four machines. The lead guy had a weapon that he could not get at, second guy was not armed, 3rd guy (retired police officer) was armed, but couldn’t get at his weapon without unbuckling his seat belt.
I carry something that works. A custom made cross draw that I can access while wearing the click 6 harness, with a Ruger Redhawk .44 Remington Magnum. I was tailgunning and had the dipchit covered if he would have pulled a trigger. If we go in some place, I will slip a shirt over it and all has always been cool.
Glasses Jeans Shoulder Sunglasses Vision care
Clothing Jeans Joint Trousers Picture frame

I just wish I was as proficient and confident with my weapon as I was 35-40 years ago. Then I could nail a running coyote at 100 yards about 90% of the time. Not so much any more.

#28 ·
I switched over from .223 to Russian 7.62x39 , thinking I would save some money and still be able to practice… not so much it’s still .50 a round. May as well just throw quarters down range. Miss the days when I was mad .223 was .20 a round.

I carry a Ruger Lcp ii, fits in my cup holder. Normally have a rifle with me too, so no need for the oh your under powered comments.

#40 ·
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

When I get out it goes in a pocket or iwb middle of my back. When I was younger I used to carry the hand cannons, but realized 90% of the time, I hated carrying that much weight. I carry this 100% of the time and it very easy to conceal. When I go into the city or ride in a bad area, I carry my M&P .45. All my pistols run Hornady critical defense. The ammo is just as important as the gun.

#41 ·
View attachment 680071
When I get out it goes in a pocket or iwb middle of my back. When I was younger I used to carry the hand cannons, but realized 90% of the time, I hated carrying that much weight. I carry this 100% of the time and it very easy to conceal. When I go into the city or ride in a bad area, I carry my M&P .45. All my pistols run Hornady critical defense. The ammo is just as important as the gun.
Pop guns are fine too. I also have a .380 that goes everywhere with me. Have even been into my chiropractor and when I got on the table think “Oh shit” and have to take it out of my pocket so as not to interfere with the adjustment. He just laughs!
That crossdraw rig actually lets the weight sit mostly on my lap when riding.

#51 ·
I made my own mount. I took some strong neodymium magnets and attached good old 3M VHB tape to one side. Then I stuck four magnets to my Hellcat, peeled the liner off the. HB, and pressed the gun in place where I wanted it to be. Left it there for a little while and then took the gun off.

Cheap, flexible and does the job. When not riding, the gun either goes in my locked storage bow of with me.

#55 ·
Yes, there are certain places where you can’t carry and you mentioned them. A business that has a No Firearms or similar sign, and is not on the exclusion list, can only ask you to leave the building should you enter it with you Gun and get caught. They can’t do anything more unless you refuse to leave.
I found this interesting when I took my Carry class.

#62 ·
Sorry for just getting to this post. I see it has taken a bit of a detour from the original topic :). If anyone is looking for these lockable cubby storage doors, you can use discount code: CUBBY5 for 5% off and free shipping. Even if you don't ever need to lock the cubby, it makes the cubby into usable storage vs. just a dirt collector! Thank you guys that already ordered one!
Folded Metal RZR-S locking cubby door

Hood Trunk Luggage and bags Wood Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.