Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s a UTV giant console safe that I modified to work with my seats. I keep a SccY 9mm in it incase I forget the one that I carry on me when on the trails. It’s not a fast and easy access but the SccY 9 is a permanent part of my RZR. You can’t have enough guns stored around imo.
I have one of those and I think it is well built, but even with our stock seats it makes it a little more difficult to remove a seat. The picture you sent makes it look like you have to remove the safe to remove a seat. I would be interested in knowing how you modified it.

Jim

·
Vendor
209 Posts
Sorry for just getting to this post. I see it has taken a bit of a detour from the original topic :). If anyone is looking for these lockable cubby storage doors, you can use discount code: CUBBY5 for 5% off and free shipping. Even if you don't ever need to lock the cubby, it makes the cubby into usable storage vs. just a dirt collector! Thank you guys that already ordered one!
Folded Metal RZR-S locking cubby door

Hood Trunk Luggage and bags Wood Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2014 800 Walker Evans.
83 Posts
Interesting how and why people carry. Where you are at seems to matter the most.

Just me. Fnx 45. In. the back with thigh rig.
With friends. P-30ls. In the back with thigh rig.
Those are for walking out.

Pew Pew only gets to go if the point is going out to shoot. Can’t stand the dust.

Pew Pew

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I have one of those and I think it is well built, but even with our stock seats it makes it a little more difficult to remove a seat. The picture you sent makes it look like you have to remove the safe to remove a seat. I would be interested in knowing how you modified it.

Jim
Yes, I have to remove the safe to remove the seats. It’s easy to remove. I cut the square tubing on the original bracket and added bigger square to the safe part and just slide it over the stock square. I never lock it down with the set screw anymore because of seat removal but the console safe stays put and is solid.

Now that I’ve told everybody, all it takes is someone to reach in my rzr and give a couple of straight up pulls on my console safe and they will have it and my 9mm. But I can lock it down easy If I want - just me being lazy

But I trust y’all. 😂

Automotive design Fixture Car Personal luxury car Car seat cover
Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Fixture Automotive design

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Interesting how and why people carry. Where you are at seems to matter the most.

Pew Pew only gets to go if the point is going out to shoot. Can’t stand the dust.

Pew Pew
CMMG kit with a FRT?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a hip holster and a shoulder holster. My 40 caliber S&W is always in one or the other.

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
706 Posts
Janet and I have been supremely satisfied with the customized riding holsters Tony made for us. He owns JM Custom Kydex.

We use his holsters for EDC and love them, so we contacted him, and he let us bring our RZR down to his shop:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Tony adjusted the cant angle, height, guard size - everything! When riding, it's as if it isn't there, the fitment is so good. The retention tension is adjustable, we have it a bit firmer than normal.

We can't say enough about his service.

Also (it's a desert thing maybe?) we swap out mags before riding:

Rectangle Bumper Tints and shades Gadget Electric blue

The first three rounds are snake shot, the rest are regular HST. We changed the bottom plate color so it's obvious.

We also have the arm rest safe, if it starts getting too dusty the pistols go in there and we just wear the holsters.

All the best, James

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my state

Pew Pew
ok you win ! 😁

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm a retired cop so I'm always carrying. Back in the day I was assigned to the police helicopter and a shoulder holster was very comfortable when seated for several hours at a time. I still have it and find it works great in the RZR.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Pew Pew
In California we have cougars, bears and wild hogs so we carry because of safety

·
Registered
420 Posts
.357 lever action overhead and S&W .40 on Hip. Check out Gunfightersinc Holsters. they make a Kenai chest holster that will be my next purchase for sure.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Janet and I have been supremely satisfied with the customized riding holsters Tony made for us. He owns JM Custom Kydex.

We use his holsters for EDC and love them, so we contacted him, and he let us bring our RZR down to his shop:

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

Tony adjusted the cant angle, height, guard size - everything! When riding, it's as if it isn't there, the fitment is so good. The retention tension is adjustable, we have it a bit firmer than normal.

We can't say enough about his service.

Also (it's a desert thing maybe?) we swap out mags before riding:

Rectangle Bumper Tints and shades Gadget Electric blue

The first three rounds are snake shot, the rest are regular HST. We changed the bottom plate color so it's obvious.

We also have the arm rest safe, if it starts getting too dusty the pistols go in there and we just wear the holsters.

All the best, James
Have you tried the snake shots in your semiauto????, mine wont cycle, they are meant for revolvers !

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Have you tried the snake shots in your semiauto????, mine wont cycle, they are meant for revolvers !
If I use snake shot in one of my auto’s, it is just the first round…….chambered. BOOM, dead snake. Carry a box of snake shot with me, and just chamber another round manually. Also have magazines with real ammo ready.

Reactions: RZR_Joe

·
Registered
2021 1000 XP
706 Posts
Yes, we went through a box of the snake shot loads, for training purposes, shooting paper targets on the ground and some old garden hose. You have to be surprisingly close to be effective, maybe 4 to 5 feet at the most. Just outside of rattlesnake striking range.

Our Glocks mostly won't cycle with the snake shot, maybe 1 shot in ten will cycle and surprise you. We just assume it won't and cycle manually between rounds.

If it's something bigger than a snake, our procedure is <bang> <rack> <rack> <rack> <bang>, that gets a regular round off immediately, and the remaining regular loads into battery the quickest.

All the best, James

·
Super Moderator
6,943 Posts
If I use snake shot in one of my auto’s, it is just the first round…….chambered. BOOM, dead snake. Carry a box of snake shot with me, and just chamber another round manually. Also have magazines with real ammo ready.
Killed two copperheads in the last month. My XDS 45 eats snake loads with no problem.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts