Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
View attachment 680071
When I get out it goes in a pocket or iwb middle of my back. When I was younger I used to carry the hand cannons, but realized 90% of the time, I hated carrying that much weight. I carry this 100% of the time and it very easy to conceal. When I go into the city or ride in a bad area, I carry my M&P .45. All my pistols run Hornady critical defense. The ammo is just as important as the gun.
Pop guns are fine too. I also have a .380 that goes everywhere with me. Have even been into my chiropractor and when I got on the table think “Oh shit” and have to take it out of my pocket so as not to interfere with the adjustment. He just laughs!
That crossdraw rig actually lets the weight sit mostly on my lap when riding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pop guns are fine too. I also have a .380 that goes everywhere with me. Have even been into my chiropractor and when I got on the table think “Oh shit” and have to take it out of my pocket so as not to interfere with the adjustment. He just laughs!
That crossdraw rig actually lets the weight sit mostly on my lap when riding.
I hip carry. I even carry the .380 when I have the .45 on me. I figure 2 is better then none. :)
I prefer to have the ”bad guy” not knowing I am armed till I want him to…
Family member carries a 454 Casul…. I shot it twice…. No thanks, thumb breaker :oops:
Chest rigs can be comfortable. I have my eye on a Kenai chest rig from GUNFIGHTERSinc to carry a 5” M&P .45 when hiking.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Reverend_FNG

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
View attachment 680071
When I get out it goes in a pocket or iwb middle of my back. When I was younger I used to carry the hand cannons, but realized 90% of the time, I hated carrying that much weight. I carry this 100% of the time and it very easy to conceal. When I go into the city or ride in a bad area, I carry my M&P .45. All my pistols run Hornady critical defense. The ammo is just as important as the gun.
I like Hornady ammo. But putting a gun in a beer holder is just not right...grin...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like Hornady ammo. But putting a gun in a beer holder is just not right...grin...
😂
true but I don’t mix drinking alcohol and any thing that goes fast anymore... The fact that I lived to this age was enough for me to realize I survived all those wrecks for a reason. Growing up where I did, drinking and doing anything was the norm…

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
😂
true but I don’t mix drinking alcohol and any thing that goes fast anymore... The fact that I lived to this age was enough for me to realize I survived all those wrecks for a reason. Growing up where I did, drinking and doing anything was the norm…
I totally get that. My son-in-law and I take a six pack of Bud Light on ice out with us and always come back with two or three unopened. On a typical outing I'll drink more water than beer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those signs aren’t legal and they’re not enforceable.
I think you better take your conceal carry class over. Those signs are perfectly legal. Here is the little k own secret. If you come across an establishment with that sign out front, you can carry your gun in (personally I wouldn’t be obvious about it but it is your choice). As soon as a legal entity tells you to leave, you are aoL. If you decide to not leave after being asked to do so, then you are in trouble.
That is the truth behind those signs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I made my own mount. I took some strong neodymium magnets and attached good old 3M VHB tape to one side. Then I stuck four magnets to my Hellcat, peeled the liner off the. HB, and pressed the gun in place where I wanted it to be. Left it there for a little while and then took the gun off.

Cheap, flexible and does the job. When not riding, the gun either goes in my locked storage bow of with me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you looked at a chest holster from Alien Gear. They make good holsters and have several that would fit that gun. Stay safe and armed.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Have you looked at a chest holster from Alien Gear. They make good holsters and have several that would fit that gun. Stay safe and armed.
Been awhile since I looked at alien gear but did like the interchangeability their setup offers

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think you better take your conceal carry class over. Those signs are perfectly legal. Here is the little k own secret. If you come across an establishment with that sign out front, you can carry your gun in (personally I wouldn’t be obvious about it but it is your choice). As soon as a legal entity tells you to leave, you are aoL. If you decide to not leave after being asked to do so, then you are in trouble.
100% correct. In my state, any goverment, school, courthouse building is a no firearm zone. This includes any private land or buildings and any business that have a posted sign saying “NO FIREARMS”. Quick easy way to lose your CPP.
Do I carry if I have it concealed in some of these places……?:censored:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, there are certain places where you can’t carry and you mentioned them. A business that has a No Firearms or similar sign, and is not on the exclusion list, can only ask you to leave the building should you enter it with you Gun and get caught. They can’t do anything more unless you refuse to leave.
I found this interesting when I took my Carry class.

·
Registered
406 Posts
First off, in my state there is no conceal carry class so no need for a retake. Second of all my state does not recognize any No firearms signs, and they have no legal standing whatsoever.

We are restricted from places such as government buildings though, but I didn’t figure the OP was going trail riding and swinging his RZR by the local courthouse in between. Thanks for trying to educate me, even though it appears you aren’t very educated on the subject. Yes I know the laws vary by state, and that’s on every individual to know, but my comments were in reference to my state because those are the laws I’m familiar with.

·
Premium Member
2020 Pro XP 4 Premium
488 Posts
So what 2 states are we talking about?

·
Registered
406 Posts
So what 2 states are we talking about?
I’m referring to Georgia, I always make sure I look up laws for when I’m traveling. I’m not knowledge in other states though, so my comments only pertain to my state.

·
Registered
37 Posts
First off, in my state there is no conceal carry class so no need for a retake. Second of all my state does not recognize any No firearms signs, and they have no legal standing whatsoever.

We are restricted from places such as government buildings though, but I didn’t figure the OP was going trail riding and swinging his RZR by the local courthouse in between. Thanks for trying to educate me, even though it appears you aren’t very educated on the subject. Yes I know the laws vary by state, and that’s on every individual to know, but my comments were in reference to my state because those are the laws I’m familiar with.
Sure they do. Any private business can post a no firearms sign. Should you be caught inside with a firearm, they have every right to throw you out. If you refuse, you get hit with trespassing.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sure they do. Any private business can post a no firearms sign. Should you be caught inside with a firearm, they have every right to throw you out. If you refuse, you get hit with trespassing.

Yes that is correct, but with trespassing vs a felony firearm offense is a lot different. That is what the one guy was implying. Heck you can be charged with trespassing here if you step onto someone’s wood lot that’s not even posted.

End of the day, a no firearms sign is simply a great way of me knowing where Not to spend my money.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts