Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
That’s an awesome shot nailing a coyote running. Pure awesomeness!
When I go back up to Dakota land, if I happen to run into a certain young (probably 50’s now) he still calls me Dirty F’n Harry! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Crash City SxS

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Just for fun, this was with one of my rifles. Just over 10 years ago.
.204 Ruger caliber
700 Rem action, glass bedded, douglas barrel varmint profile
8.5 -25 Leupold LRV Scope, 30mm tube, 56 mm objective

10 rounds @ 100 yds
Eye Automotive lighting Font Gas Circle

Of course, that was from a bench And taking my time.

Reactions: Turbo_ryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice cross draw holster! Well if you can’t hit the target just point and shoot, the noise will scare them away and your chances are pretty good you will something down range :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I switched over from .223 to Russian 7.62x39 , thinking I would save some money and still be able to practice… not so much it’s still .50 a round. May as well just throw quarters down range. Miss the days when I was mad .223 was .20 a round.

I carry a Ruger Lcp ii, fits in my cup holder. Normally have a rifle with me too, so no need for the oh your under powered comments.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I switched over from .223 to Russian 7.62x39 , thinking I would save some money and still be able to practice… not so much it’s still .50 a round. May as well just throw quarters down range. Miss the days when I was mad .223 was .20 a round.

I carry a Ruger Lcp ii, fits in my cup holder. Normally have a rifle with me too, so no need for the oh your under powered comments.
Man that’s pretty cheap last box of shells I bought for my deer rifle was $7 a round. Lol

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
As a side note; I have an old rear window pickup gun rack mounted in the RZR Just like they used to go in the pickup. Carry either a short barreled 12 ga. Mossberg 500 or a Ruger Ranch rifle Mini 14 w 30 round mag in that. I.E. “Snake Spray” for snakes with or without legs!

Reactions: Reverend_FNG

·
Registered
2013 S 800
46 Posts
Clean at the moment, but where I ride, you would spend a week cleaning each gun, for a hour ride..
My ride from the cabin to the blind is about one mile. Usually dusty, the abundant rain this year has made the path covered in prairie grass. Wet or dusty conditions I transport them in soft cases.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Our little ride group was accosted by an armed idiot on the trail one time. Total of four machines. The lead guy had a weapon that he could not get at, second guy was not armed, 3rd guy (retired police officer) was armed, but couldn’t get at his weapon without unbuckling his seat belt.
I carry something that works. A custom made cross draw that I can access while wearing the click 6 harness, with a Ruger Redhawk .44 Remington Magnum. I was tailgunning and had the dipchit covered if he would have pulled a trigger. If we go in some place, I will slip a shirt over it and all has always been cool. View attachment 679985 View attachment 679984

I just wish I was as proficient and confident with my weapon as I was 35-40 years ago. Then I could nail a running coyote at 100 yards about 90% of the time. Not so much any more.
The Redhawk is a beautiful thing. I had a Blackhawk years ago but always wanted a Redhawk....maybe someday.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts

7.62 X 39 may be going up due to the new sanction against Russia Ammo/Firearm imports. :(

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I carry a wheel gun in the zippered bag over my head. Most days it's a 22 Mag and some days, it's my pre-hammer block Ruger GP100 357 Mag. I love that thing. Most accurate pistol I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
@rzrhle Were did you get the center counsel?
Custom?
It’s a UTV giant console safe that I modified to work with my seats. I keep a SccY 9mm in it incase I forget the one that I carry on me when on the trails. It’s not a fast and easy access but the SccY 9 is a permanent part of my RZR. You can’t have enough guns stored around imo.

·
Registered
807 Posts
When you say lock it up; do you mean safe storage if you are stopped at, say a restaurant, that has a no firearms allowed sticker on the door?

Or locked up to carry on the trail?

Yea we carry inside business with stupid “no firearms allowed”. F them.
Isn't the hole point of concealed carry to conceal the firearm so as to not be obvious you are carrying??? Otherwise just go open carry

·
Registered
59 Posts
Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

When I get out it goes in a pocket or iwb middle of my back. When I was younger I used to carry the hand cannons, but realized 90% of the time, I hated carrying that much weight. I carry this 100% of the time and it very easy to conceal. When I go into the city or ride in a bad area, I carry my M&P .45. All my pistols run Hornady critical defense. The ammo is just as important as the gun.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts