Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody - I've got family coming up this weekend with their 4 wheelers and side by sides, and have been given the responsibility to find a good trail for a day ride. Does anybody know of good trails in Nothern Utah? Preferably in Cache Valley. I've been up Millville and Providence Canyon all the way to the top of the mountain, but those are really the only two trails I know about. So any other trail would be helpful. Thanks!

·
NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT
1,342 Posts
I wish I did I have lived here my entire life and have yet to explore the Mountains on a machine. Free Bump I want to see what's up here too

·
Registered
87 Posts
Depends on what kind of riding you want. The area you talked about is good. Old Ephrams grave, ride to Bear Lake from Millville, or go to the top of Mt. Logan. Also, further up the canyon, Beaver Mtn area. You can go north and check out the old military plane crash site near Pats Hollow. With that said, any ride up here is good. Enjoy the weekend.:ride:

·
Registered
302 Posts
In your area, if you get a map of the shoshone trail system, you'll find some nice mostly forest service type roads to ride. One I like is starting at Hardware ranch, take trail #3 to the #26 then head west past a couple scenic springs (Last summer there were some fairly big rocks from a rock slide by the quarry on this road, so you'll want skid plates but supposedly they cleaned up the trail somewhat last fall so that may have taken some of the fun out of it), once you hit the #23 go up on the ridge, then take the #2 to the #59 and take in the view from Logan Peak.

Coming down from the peak take the #2 to the #27 if you're low on time, or swing past Old Ephraims grave to the #3 and return on it. Of course by looking at the map you'll see many other options to explore if you have the time and fuel. All of the trails I described have no width limits so anyone in your group should be able to come along.

If you go up Logan canyon north of highway 89 in the area of Beaver mountain ski area, you'll also find a lot of roads available to ride, with a few atv only trails (Note, in Idaho if the sign shows atv but no jeep they mean 50 inch or less) From the Montpelier Ranger District map for Motor Vehicle use in Caribou-Targhee National Forests (You'll mostly be on the Idaho side of the border):

One I really like involves taking the 304 down to fish haven where you have to ride a little bit on pavement till you hit highway 89, then follow the trail along the side of the highway north to the little Mom and Pop store where you pick up a Raspberry shake and some grub. Then head back west from the road directly north of the store where the road quickly turns to dirt #413. Turn left on the #133 back up to the ridge top. These are somewhat rocky narrow trails so you'll want skid plates, possibly a lift, and in one spot on the 133 you'll find an interesting climb up a somewhat challenging ledge. Back up on the mountain you'll also find the #414, #316 to be quite enjoyable as are several of the other ATV only trails up there. If your choice is smoother fast dirt roads there are also a lot of those to play on.

Let us know how your riding goes....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The riding last weekend was amazing! We left at around 9 a.m. and didn't come back home until after 7 that night! We packed extra fuel, some food and water, and followed the advice of Searching_ut, so thank you! the shoshone trail system is a lot of fun. There wasn't anything too technical, but there was plenty of gorgeous scenery and it was a blast to cruise down those trails. Thanks for everybody's input, and let me know if any of you would like to go four wheeling some weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts