Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there certain times u should hi and lo? Any certain speeds?

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
You'll get lots of opinions on this but I've learned with mine that any climbing is lo gear only unless you're riding dunes or high speed runs. It saves on belt wear and you can, on a steep hill stall out if it's a long hill and you're loaded two up. Shortly after that you can smell burning rubber and that never turns out good.

·
Caveman
755 Posts
As a rule of thumb, anytime I use 4wd, it's in low gear. Otherwise mine always stays hi gear.

J

·
0 Posts
I never use low gear running the trails. The only time I use low is if I come to a trouble spot or climbing on the rocks... I just wish you could switch from low to high while moving.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I only use low when climbing or crawling like Jerr said. Ive burnt two belts that could have been avoided 100% by a pull of the shifter.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
I never use low gear running the trails. The only time I use low is if I come to a trouble spot or climbing on the rocks... I just wish you could switch from low to high while moving.
I too wish we could switch hi lo on the fly

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
the threshold is about 15mph for me. some places i ride its high most of the time but some places i ride its too much trouble to stop and shift so i just stay in low.

·
King of crash!
31,883 Posts
I too wish we could switch hi lo on the fly
me too.... did try it once...never try that again

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
X100 Thats why I dont use low more... When climbing a hill or crawling over something its low all the way but on trails its in High 2wd.

·
6skinner
1,231 Posts
In the bush, low if it's twisty and full of hills. High if it's wide open. Haven't smelled a burnt belt in almost 2000 soooooooo seems to working!

If I have to give it more than 1/3-1/2 throttle to get it moving, low range.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts