Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that both the Arkansas House and Senate passed the bill to make it easier to ride on the road. How long does the govenor have to sign it or veto it ? I know if the govenor doesn't do anything it takes effect after so many days ????

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hopefully this will happen in Colorado! Hope it passes!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might be a done deal but that doesn't mean it has taken effect . I've tried looking all over and can't see where the govenor has signed it. I know by reading the law that even if it's not signed it will eventually become a law unless the govenor vetos it. Even after it's signed it doesn't take effect immediately . There are so many days that have to go by .

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Many small towns in Colorado already allow you to ride in town.
Many small towns in CO. saw that others that allowed riding in town were making a lot more money so many are following. Places like Meeker, Silverton, South Fork, ect...

It won't change in some places unless the businesses band together and want it. They are the money and when more tourist come they make more money and so does the city.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Many small towns in Colorado already allow you to ride in town. Most states like AZ don't allow you on state or federal highways.
Many small towns in CO. saw that others that allowed riding in town were making a lot more money so many are following. Places like Meeker, Silverton, South Fork, ect...

It won't change in some places unless the businesses band together and want it. They are the money and when more tourist come they make more money and so does the city.
Roger, I ride on state hi-ways almost daily here. We can also ride on US highways, but supposed to stay off Interstates. Seen literally hundreds of ATV's UtV's etc on our roads.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
If anyone in Arkansas is pulled over (and it will happen) please give a accurate account as to what happens. I'm just curious as to how it goes.

·
Arkyrider
950 Posts
Actually what happened was the new / old law was repealed and the old law restored. Read hear.HB1003 to remove the 3 mile law has passed House and Senate!!!
A step towards a better OHV tourism in Arkansas! Goes into effect immediately since it passed the Senate (Governor).

Mulberry Mountain Lodging & EventsLike Page
March 15
HB1003 has passed in both the House and Senate. Major victory for ATV tourism in Franklin County and the State of Arkansas. Special thanks to Representatives Sarah Capp and John Maddox for all their efforts! http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/…/2018S2/Pages/BillInformatio…

Bill Information
ARKLEG.STATE.AR.US

·
Registered
328 Posts
Many small towns in Colorado already allow you to ride in town.

Last time I was in Colo. I was told I could not ride on pavement. This was in Ouray - a small town. This was 2 years ago.

I was told the same thing when I bought my off road tag in Durango. By the way Utah and Az honor each others off road permit - not Colorado.

The only road I can't ride on in Az is the freeway.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've said it before, I can't help but get tore up every time I'm behind a moped tapped out at 20mph on a 4 lane or getting my doors sucked of by a rocket doing 150mph. I think" oh yeah,that's way safer than my full roll cage and 5 point harness.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Colorado towns each make up their own mind. Ouray wants tourist not UTV's.
How about riding outside city limits - or between towns?
No riding in Quray or on any Hwy in or out. You need to trailer to your trail heads.
We went once there and it wasn't for us.
We go to places like South Fork, CO, Silverton, CO, Lake City, CO, Meeker, ect... There are a number of towns that let you ride on their streets in CO.
South Fork is kind of a hidden Gem.

It's all about the money.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've said it before, I can't help but get tore up every time I'm behind a moped tapped out at 20mph on a 4 lane or getting my doors sucked of by a rocket doing 150mph. I think" oh yeah,that's way safer than my full roll cage and 5 point harness.
Exactly !!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If anyone in Arkansas is pulled over (and it will happen) please give a accurate account as to what happens. I'm just curious as to how it goes.
I was told not to ride on highway I think some people where calling in on my fourwheeler because he didn’t see me do anything but all I was doing was crossing it to get somwhere better to ride. I didn’t buy it just to park it and watch it rot away. I’m in the country to is the bad part and still get harassed depending on where I am and what time of day. (They just as bored as me I guess). I got pulled over on a paved back road one day the cop was parked and didn’t see him till was too late so I pulled over off road because I seen him pull out after I passed had it pegged pretty good. He got out and walked up and said that’s things pretty fast is that a 400. I said know it’s just a 300 (93 Trx300ex with some mods) he asked a few questions and checked my license to see who I was. Then basically just let me go and said not to get run over. He was a county cop and the one said not to drive on highway was a trooper idk if that was the difference or just the individual because the state trooper.... kind of a dick and this particular one been pulling me over in my truck a few times recently so I’m sure when he seen who I was and I told him my name I was still fresh on his mind. I was just driving down off to the side of the highway to hit some dirt roads. So far that all the encounters I had.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts