Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I want to buy some rims Douglas Rattlesnake, 12 "for my RZR, but do not know which offset to get wider.
Can you help?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The front wheels are equal to the back, in terms of inches?
What are the best of 8 "or 7"?
I already have tires on 26 "Maxxis Bighorn mark.
He liked to buy some rims good and cheap and stay beautiful.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Hello chevalier,
The DWT Rattlesnake wheel has been discontinued, you might have some trouble finding it. If you do happen to find some the wheel only ever came as a 12x7 with a 4+3 offset, so that is what you will be stuck with.

Bones

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if the ITP SS212? The offset should be equal on both axes?
4 +3 offset? Should I continue to use spacers?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I'm not quite understanding what you are asking about the offset being equal on both axes, can you explain?

The ITP SS212 wheel also comes in a 4+3 offset like the Rattlesnake, however, in most cases those numbers are just close but not exact. As such it wouldn't surprise me if there were some slight differences between the ITP and DWT rims in overall width on the RZR.

Whether you run spacers or not is really just personal preference. I personally don't care for them. I feel like the slight gain in stability is quickly offset by the increased load on all of your suspension components, bearings, and steering.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not quite understanding what you are asking about the offset being equal on both axes, can you explain?

The ITP SS212 wheel also comes in a 4+3 offset like the Rattlesnake, however, in most cases those numbers are just close but not exact. As such it wouldn't surprise me if there were some slight differences between the ITP and DWT rims in overall width on the RZR.

Whether you run spacers or not is really just personal preference. I personally don't care for them. I feel like the slight gain in stability is quickly offset by the increased load on all of your suspension components, bearings, and steering.
Good, what I mean is if the offset must be the same backward and forward, and what more appropriate.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
I understand now. On some wheels the front and rear are the same size and offset, while others choose to stagger the size and offset. For the most part that is determined by the wheel manufacturer. For instance, DWT and ITP cast wheels are normally only made in a 12x7 size, with 1 or 2 choices in offset. But the DWT Red Label wheel can be purchased in 12x5, 12x6, 12x7, 12x8, and 12x10 sizes, with many of those sizes offering multiple offsets.

What is most appropriate will depend on the tire you choose, and what you will be doing with yoru RZR.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the Big Horn 2.0 26/9/12 and 26/12/12 month ahead. I will give a normal usage, with rides on weekends, nothing more.
Having said that what the best offset back and forth?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
It will depend on the wheel you choose. If you pick a cast wheel like the ITP SS Series or DWT Diablo, you will end up with a 12x7 4+3. If you get the DWT Red Label wheels, our Outlaw Series, or Billet Center series wheels I would suggest a 12x5.5 3+2.5 front, and a 12x8 5+3 rear. The front is a bit odd because there is limited clearance on the steering arm of the spindle with our inner reinforcing ring, so we can't run a more typical 12x6 4+2 wheel. At least not with our inner reinforcing ring.

Bones

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In principle I will buy the ITP SS212, and the best will be 4 +3 offset in front and behind, is not?
Thanks,Bones.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Yes chevalier, if you purchase the SS212 rims going with a 4+3 offset would be a good choice. And if you are interested in purchasing those rims with a beadlock already installed we can make that happen for $234.95 per rim. Check out the attached picture (which features a red beadlock ring for an additional $9.95 per ring) and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Bones

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good, my rims are behind iron 8 "in front are 6". There is no problem putting both with 7 "?Bones, for beadlocks, I just want the rims without beadloks.
It is cheaper and comes perfectly.
Thanks anyway and thanks for all the help so far.
A hug
Chevalier
Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good, after all can not get the ITP SS212 4 / 156. I'll have to opt for Douglas Ratlesnake. Ago with 2 +5 offset in front and 4 +3.
I'm sorry, but I like them.
I'll try that can have a 3 +5 offset behind.
Xauze

1 - 15 of 15 Posts