Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, take a look at this vid.

I know weight distribution on the Can Am is more to the rear. Has anyone in a stock motor or bolt-on rzr with a clutch done this?

·
Registered
385 Posts
That thing was not stock. Could hear a turbo spooling as soon as he stomped it along with aftermarket exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Premium Member
41,099 Posts
That thing was not stock. Could hear a turbo spooling as soon as he stomped it along with aftermarket exhaust.

Also he bounced off the pavement before it wheelied, not a dead stop hit the gas and wheelie...

To answer your question someone posted a video here on the forum of a bone stock XP 900 that did a true wheelie after he installed STM Clutches... :) :) :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a WE XP with Alba stage 2 cams, my clutching is so so. I'm going to give it a shot today but I don't think it's doable without considerable ballast in the rear for the way mine is clutched.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Nate, how about the clutching on the Stg 4 motor? Anything fancy? I remember talking about the billet clutches for my stg 2 at the time and we decided against it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not a turbo, I think it's just driveline whistle like all these cvt machines have.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
First off, take a look at this vid.

Can Am Maverick Wheelie on pavement - YouTube

I know weight distribution on the Can Am is more to the rear. Has anyone in a stock motor or bolt-on rzr with a clutch done this?
My bet is they are using the sport low override. This mod bypasses the ecu power lockout in low and allows full power in Lo range. Not the first Maverick video I have seen that shows a wheelie like this.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
1 Posts

No its not a turbo model. There is no particle separator and no turbo filter housing. He probably has a STM primary clutch and definitely has a low gear sport mode override. Sorry i had to point it out and most of the weight is centered the motor and gear box sit between passenger and driver seats.

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
No its not a turbo model. There is no particle separator and no turbo filter housing. He probably has a STM primary clutch and definitely has a low gear sport mode override. Sorry i had to point it out and most of the weight is centered the motor and gear box sit between passenger and driver seats.
8yr old thread ;)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Maybe you should lock old threads down so to prevent this from happening . They are old and have run their course.
That’s not necessary. Not to mention it would be a monumental task.

No reason to lock a perfectly good thread with helpful info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 15 of 15 Posts