Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2013 RZR 800 trail. The stock tires finally were ready for replacing. I was given a set of RZR 14" rims that fit my RZR. I never thought to check the offset on them. Anyway, I bought a set of 27X9X14 and 27X11X14 tires, got them mounted...all before doing any test fitting. I know, pretty stupid.

Anyway, the fronts fit ok, but my 50" width is now actually only 49". I can live with that, but would prefer them to give me the same 50" (fits perfectly between fenderwells in the bed of my truck). Haven't found any 1/2" spacers (yet).

Now, on the rear there is a much different result. On the right side, the tire is hitting the engine mount and on the left side, it is hitting the frame. I'm pretty sure, if I didn't have the extra offset, I might be ok.

Anyway, I'm thinking to use 2" spacers on the rear. Are there any reason(s) not to? Any horror stories? Will I be putting too much strains on important components?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Friend runs some cheap 1.5" spacers on his 2008 800cc and he is not easy on it. He had some 2" for a while but the spacer lugs on the spacer will bend and wollow out the soft aluminum if used to hold hub with a pipe while torquing axle hub castle nut. Shouldn't do that anyway, but thats only issue he has had. Otherwise they are working great after years of abuse.

Use the thinnest spacer you can be happy with and you will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts