Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to widen the front stance of a 570 yet with wheel spacers? I'm considering 1" spacers on the front only. I have a great rear stance with 26x11x14 ITP Terra Cross tires on SS112 offset wheels and 9" fronts. Would just like a little wider front stance

·
Registered
948 Posts
Do it, the only problem will be if you ride in the mud. The more the front tires stick out of the fender wells the more mud you'll get on you. A set of 1" spacers isn't that big of an investment in case you don't like it. Somebody will always buy a set of spacers off of you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have 1" spacers on mine. They will put additional strain and most likely shorten the life of your wheel bearings. I just had to change rear wheel bearings at 700 miles and the fronts are going bad also. For what it is worth I had Silverbacks on and ride almost soley in the mud so your results may be better.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm at 700 miles now and they seem to be ok. Did it do anything for front stability with a wider stance? How hard we're the wheel bearings to replace?

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you do spacers you also risk a chance of snapping studs it would be smarter to just get off set wheels.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I'm at 700 miles now and they seem to be ok. Did it do anything for front stability with a wider stance? How hard we're the wheel bearings to replace?
I had 2" spacers all the way around on mine when it was still a 50" and it helped a lot with stability. I had to replace my front wheel bearings at 1400 miles, still have factory in the rear at 1900 miles. I never avoid a mud hole. They take about 30 minutes to change, I bought a press from harbor freight to press them in and out with.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
948 Posts
How does a hub know the difference between a spacer or an offset wheel. Either way the outside edge of wheel is say 2" farther out adding the same stresses either way. The only problems I've seen spacers have is with there own studs spinning and that just comes down to... you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had 2" spacers all the way around on mine when it was still a 50" and it helped a lot with stability. I had to replace my front wheel bearings at 1400 miles, still have factory in the rear at 1900 miles. I never avoid a mud hole. They take about 30 minutes to change, I bought a press from harbor freight to press them in and out with.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Do you have a link to the press at HF?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm looking to put 1.5" on the front and 2 " on the back. Does anyone have this set up so they can tell me what it looks like and what to expect from the ride and handling. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts