Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting a 2" lift kit and 2" wheel spacers on my 2012 50" rzr. Are they hard on drivetrain or anything I should worry about? Looking for some suggestions also.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
2 inch lift won't hurt a thing. I sure like Racertech Lifts.

Any reason as to why you need spacers? If you don't need em then leave em.

If you need em to run bigger tires? Well then by all means. Unless you can find some offest Wheels. They do add stress to the Hubs. Some run em for a long time with no ill effects, but some have issues. So again, if you need em, they do come in 1 1/2 and that will clear your rubbing issues on the rear motormount with bigger tires.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning on running a bigger tire down the rode. I was just gathering some info on that. Planning the lift kit first.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Don't waste money on a cheaper left kit, buy the Racertech from the start. I ran 2" spacers on my 50" before I changed all the suspension and didn't notice any bad effects on it. But I only had them for a season before I decided 50" suspension wasn't cutting it anymore

·
Registered
551 Posts
The big question here is how do you ride? A lift won't affect much of anything. Bigger tires will put more stress on the axles. Spacers can shorten bearing life. All that being said, if you ride it like you stole it every time you hit the gas then any suspension/tire mods will greatly shorten bearing/axle/u-joint/etc life. I've always run spacers/ big lift/big tires on my 800sp's and currently run a 3" lift/spacers/forward a-arms/ 30" black mambas on my RZR. All my rides see plenty of mudding in the summer and plowing in the winter. Never had any major issues with my sp's and have yet to replace an axles/bearing/u-joint/etc on my RZR after almost 3 years of use. Definitely follow the advice from others on getting a good lift kit. Will save you time/$/heartache down the road!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I run a Racer Tech 2" lift with 2" spacers and stock wheels/tire sizes.
I have no issues at all.
Do yourself a favor and don't buy a cheap lift kit.
I did and and had issues with binding.
I ended up with Racer Tech.
Terrific people to deal with and a great product.

Doug

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im running the 2" spacers and no problems since February with 4/110 bolt pattern!

·
Lake Mead Explorer
342 Posts
I also went with the Racertech 2 inch lift but went with 1 inch spacers to get me back to fifty inches wide.

I also upgraded the cheap stock tires to Maxxis 1.0 which are a little larger at the same size..

·
Registered
125 Posts
hello everybody, i just got my racertech 2" lift kit and i am about to install. I also just got my 12" no limit wheels along with my 26.5x9x12 and 26.5x11x12 pitbull rockers. I am coming off of itp 14"ss312's with 26" bighorns. The new no limit wheels are the same offset as my itp's were (i liked my width and wanted to stay the same) so i go ahead and put a rear right side rim/tire on and the wheel wont even spin because the rocker lugs are so dam big and its hitting the motor mount. I have to order spacers now. so i measured it and it looks like i can get away with 2" spacers. I am going to try and stack some washers on the lugs and try and mount the rim/tire to see if 2" spacers will do it or if i have to go more then 2". Reading Billua's post above he said he had to put 1" spacers on after the racertech lift to get him back to 50". So the racertech lift narrows you down by 1"?? If so then i will definately have to go larger then 2". Thanks for any info guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the racetech 2in lift and 1.5im wheel spacers with no issues on my 13. Anyone know what else I can do to get a few more inches before I get new tires? Planning on 27in tires, haven't decided what brand or anything yet. Any suggestions would be awesome for more clearance and tire preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts