Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting some 26x12.5x12 9-paddle slat-traks for my xp4. Is a 12x8 or 12x10 better for all around dunning? It looks like the 12x10's are only available through a few vendors and $50 more per wheel.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm running 12x10 & if I did it again I would get 12x9!
Can you tell us why?
I prefer the way the tire stands up more on the 9! My friend has same tire as me,26/12/12 9 paddle extreme, on a 9" wide wheel & they seem to perform a touch better! The only reason I've got 10's is I started out with the blaster & they use a wider wheel!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm running 12x10 & if I did it again I would get 12x9!
Can you tell us why?
I prefer the way the tire stands up more on the 9! My friend has same tire as me,26/12/12 9 paddle extreme, on a 9" wide wheel & they seem to perform a touch better! The only reason I've got 10's is I started out with the blaster & they use a wider wheel!
why did you go from blasters to skats if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The skat/blaster debate has been beat to death & some people on here get fighting mad about it!!! For me the blasters slid around to much & I don't mean in the dukes of hazzard fun way, they slid down when on the power in bowls. they also don't accelerate nearly like the skat while duning! On the hill there was no comparison skats all the way! On the drags the only time I saw my blasters faster than the skat was @ 150 yards past the end of the race my xp started catching up to my buddies! My opinion is based off of last Thanksgiving @ Gordons Well, 2 stock xp's & 5 days of duning! I had my skats on for New Years & was way happier with the way my xp worked in all aspects in the dunes! Now I'm just not sure I've got enough tire for my turbo!!!LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts