Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2016 XPT and went with your advice to use a 5+2 offset and ordered raceline ryno beadlocks 14x7 and 32" Mongrels. I noticed on the box it says ET: +5mm. On another box of the same rims I ordered for another XPT that are 15x7 with 5+2 it says ET: +10mm. So are these really 5+2 offset like they list? I'm confused and hope I didn't buy the wrong wheels for either XPT. Thanks in advance

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
I have a 2016 XPT and went with your advice to use a 5+2 offset and ordered raceline ryno beadlocks 14x7 and 32" Mongrels. I noticed on the box it says ET: +5mm. On another box of the same rims I ordered for another XPT that are 15x7 with 5+2 it says ET: +10mm. So are these really 5+2 offset like they list? I'm confused and hope I didn't buy the wrong wheels for either XPT. Thanks in advance

Best thing you can do is measure the wheel with a straight edge on the bead surface and measure to the wheel mounting surface that touches the hub when you bolt it on. We have been sent a lot of wheels from a lot of manufactures (hoping we would run them) that were supposed to be a 5/2 or 5/1 only to measure them and find they were not when they were advertised to be. Check yours

·
Registered
5 Posts

Best thing you can do is measure the wheel with a straight edge on the bead surface and measure to the wheel mounting surface that touches the hub when you bolt it on. We have been sent a lot of wheels from a lot of manufactures (hoping we would run them) that were supposed to be a 5/2 or 5/1 only to measure them and find they were not when they were advertised to be. Check yours
Thank you! I measured one with a straight edge and got 4 1/8" from the hub mounting surface to the inside rim of the wheel and 4 1/4" from the outside of the beadlock ring to the mounting surface of the hub. So these would not be close to 5 + 2 correct?

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #204

Thank you! I measured one with a straight edge and got 4 1/8" from the hub mounting surface to the inside rim of the wheel and 4 1/4" from the outside of the beadlock ring to the mounting surface of the hub. So these would not be close to 5 + 2 correct?
No sir. the outside is measured to the base of the bead lock or tire mounting surface. So if the beadlock ring is taken out of the measurement it would be pretty close to 3". This means you have a 4/3. Not a 5/2

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Raceline is very screwy with the X+X measurements. Their 6+1 is a +30mm offset which makes it a 4.7+2.3. A true 5+2 wheel has +38mm of offset.

Methods 5+2 is a true 5+2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for all the help. That is what I am figuring out. Doesn't seem right to list the offset when it isn't even close to what they are calling it.

Here is what they are telling me:

"Here is an explanation of how offset works. Truly 4+3 and 5+2 are only 5mm difference when measured properly.

Here is how offset is measured, 6+1 and 5+2 can get confusing as true offset is measured in mm from the center of the wheel. The 6+1 description format is used as it is easier to visualize how offset will affect the stance of the machine. All Sedona and Raceline wheels use the following measurements. Hope this helps to clarify offset.

6+1 = +30mm offset

5+2 = +10mm offset

4+3 = +5mm offset"

I'm just hoping to return them all at this point and find something that is actually 5+2, just wish I hadn't mounted all 8 tires before learning this.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Thanks for all the help. That is what I am figuring out. Doesn't seem right to list the offset when it isn't even close to what they are calling it.

Here is what they are telling me:

"Here is an explanation of how offset works. Truly 4+3 and 5+2 are only 5mm difference when measured properly.

Here is how offset is measured, 6+1 and 5+2 can get confusing as true offset is measured in mm from the center of the wheel. The 6+1 description format is used as it is easier to visualize how offset will affect the stance of the machine. All Sedona and Raceline wheels use the following measurements. Hope this helps to clarify offset.

6+1 = +30mm offset

5+2 = +10mm offset

4+3 = +5mm offset"

I'm just hoping to return them all at this point and find something that is actually 5+2, just wish I hadn't mounted all 8 tires before learning this.
Uh...that is the dumbest response I have ever heard. A 5+2 is 5" inside the hub mounting surface and 2" out. That is 38 mm off center. A 4+3 is 4" inside and 3" out. That is 13 mm off center.

38-13=25

There are 25.4 mm in an inch.....Like I said, Method offers both a +38 mm and +13 mm offset wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes it is pretty amazing the story they are coming up with to justify their definition of offset, but pretty hard to argue with a tape measure. At this point it sounds like they may let me return them so I am on the hunt for 5+2 rims again. I have looked at the Methods and like some but don't seem to offer too many options. One wheel I like is the STI HD9 Comp Lock in matte black. After looking into the offset of this wheel it shows +30mm, I know this isn't the true +38mm, but is this considered close enough to not mess with the front end geometry?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
No sir. the outside is measured to the base of the bead lock or tire mounting surface. So if the beadlock ring is taken out of the measurement it would be pretty close to 3". This means you have a 4/3. Not a 5/2
Would +30mm offset be adequate for a 5+2 even though it isn't the true +38mm offset that a 5+2 is supposed to be? I will be running 32" mongrels.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Would +30mm offset be adequate for a 5+2 even though it isn't the true +38mm offset that a 5+2 is supposed to be? I will be running 32" mongrels.

Thanks
Using their number on the first page....

A 4+3 with a 30" tire is 1.843" of scrub.

A 5+2 with a 30" tire is 0.843" of scrub.

So with +30mm offset being a 4.7+2.3, you would have 1.143" of scrub. They said that going to a 32 drops it by 0.083" which would give you a scrub radius of 1.06". They recommended staying between 0.25" and 1" so a 32 on a +30 would get you very close.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I may have fallen victim to this..wish I would've seen this thread before. Installed 1.5" wheels spacers on the 900 trail, while putting on 27" dirt commanders. I believe I have the wandering that was mentioned...which I didn't care for. I've never seen an issue besides this post, I think because most people do the slow stuff where I like to go fast..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I haven’t been able to find this on here but would adding satv portals effect the scrub radius? If so how greatly would that effect be?

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
I haven’t been able to find this on here but would adding satv portals effect the scrub radius? If so how greatly would that effect be?
Portals would be 10x worse than a wheel offset. They push the system wider as well as lower. This is a negative affect in two ways. But, usually a portal car is not going fast over rough stuff so do you even really care at that point if the feed back is worse? I think most portal car owners understand that the parts are going to wear out quick as it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2019 XP 4 1000 High Lifter and I am looking to get a second set of wheels and tires to use for the drier trail riding days, the stock outlaw 2's are awesome in the mud, but have virtually no traction on any kind of hard pack or rock. I really want to go with 32x10x14's all the way around but I want to keep the width as close to stock as possible, right now I am right at 67" wide with the stock wheels and outlaw 2 tires. From what I have read it seems like the 5+2 offset is the suggested way to go on a 7" wide wheel but I really dont want to stick out another inch on each side. Will a 14" wheel with a 6+1 offset with 32's work without rubbing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks ST for all the info.

I have a 16 rzr s 900. Looking to get kmc xs128 machete 14x7 in a 5+2 offset. For tires I want to run 28x10x14 maxxis carnivores, this setup would be on all four corners. Would this be a good combo to run for my car? What will this do to width of machine?

Thanks again

·
Registered
82 Posts
Based on what I have read here, there probably isn't a 14" wheel combo in existence that will allow us S owners to run the popular tires without making the machine wider and/or screwing up the handling. Is that correct? I am in an area that has a lot of 60" width restrictions and the RZR 900 4 that I have is already really 61" stock.

201 - 219 of 219 Posts