Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I don't think I can help you much. I don't know what the factory wheel offset is on your car. I would not change the offset if your not running a tire that is a lot taller. I don't know what tire to recommend because our experience is in 30" to 32" tall options. I don't know what is a good option in the shorter choices.

·
Registered
18 Posts
thanks anyway. I was looking at either Mongrels, Chicanes, Tensor Regulators or the Tusk Terrabites. Any of these stand out to you to be the best based on your experience and customer feedback?

·
Registered
18 Posts
apologies for my lack of knowledge here but hypothetically if my stock offset for the 900 trail is 4+2 which I think it is after reading other threads -- would it be better to go with a 4+3 or 5+2 for my new wheels? Also would it matter if its a 27inch tire or 28 inch tire or would that not matter?

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
a 4/3 would move the scrub radius out 1/2". A 5/2 would move it in 1/2". The difference in 27 to 28" tire is very very small in scrub radius. Not to be worried about. If your stock wheels are 4/2's then run those or the 4/3. Not the 5/2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Great information! So I have a 2018 RZR XP 4 1K. I am looking into purchasing 15" STI Beadlocks with a 5/2 offset along with a set 30" or 32" Tensor or similar tire. We ride hard terrian with loose sharp rocks. Not sure if the 32" would fit under without rubbing or if it would add additional stress to the clucth. Any suggestions? On tire and wheel size?

·
Registered
18 Posts
One last question. If my stock wheels are 4/2's and I get new 4/3's would it make it better or worse if I added 1 inch spacers. I know your not a fan of spacers but I was just curious if it would make things better or worse with 4/3's? Really appreciate all the feedback

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Great information! So I have a 2018 RZR XP 4 1K. I am looking into purchasing 15" STI Beadlocks with a 5/2 offset along with a set 30" or 32" Tensor or similar tire. We ride hard terrian with loose sharp rocks. Not sure if the 32" would fit under without rubbing or if it would add additional stress to the clucth. Any suggestions? On tire and wheel size?
A 5/2 is perfect and the 32 will fit with no issues. You will want to do a clutch kit for the 32's. It will run much better for sure. Just a weight and spring system on the clutch will be just fine.

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
One last question. If my stock wheels are 4/2's and I get new 4/3's would it make it better or worse if I added 1 inch spacers. I know your not a fan of spacers but I was just curious if it would make things better or worse with 4/3's? Really appreciate all the feedback
Adding wheel spacers is the same thing as turning your 4/3's into a 3/4. Horrible. Don't do that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
A 5/2 is perfect and the 32 will fit with no issues. You will want to do a clutch kit for the 32's. It will run much better for sure. Just a weight and spring system on the clutch will be just fine.
Being new to RZR's what clutch, weight etc... would you recommend for 2018 RZR XP4 1K when running the 15" 5+2 with 32" tires?

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Being new to RZR's what clutch, weight etc... would you recommend for 2018 RZR XP4 1K when running the 15" 5+2 with 32" tires?
I think the Dalton clutch kit was under $400 and nailed the tune for a 32" tire out of the box. I would just ask your clutch kit company of choice what they recommend and roll with that. My car has a lot of other mods so its much different than the next guy's specific needs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the Dalton clutch kit was under $400 and nailed the tune for a 32" tire out of the box. I would just ask your clutch kit company of choice what they recommend and roll with that. My car has a lot of other mods so its much different than the next guy's specific needs.
Thank you! for the help and input.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So I guess it's a given that if you run 32's you have a greater chance of breaking axles verses running 30's?

With that being said taking a 80 mile rocky trail (not well traveled) I am guessing it would be advisable to carry a spare. Any suggestions on good replacement axles?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using RZRForums.net mobile app

·
Registered
61 Posts
ST, do you know what the stock offset is for the 1000 S? I've heard it is different than the stock XP wheels. I am going to 30" tires on our 2018 1000 S so I am shopping for new wheels and want to remain as close to stock offset as possible.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2017 xp turbo 2 seater. What differences will 15"wheels 5/2 offset with 30x9.50x15 bfgkr2 on all 4 corners have versus stock wheels and tires?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not much negative with that wheel offset. You will notice more in the tire weight area than anything else.
Will the wheel and tire choice impact the ride quality as I forgot to mention that I have your stage 4 RIS installed. Is stock wheel and tire my best option for your suspension? Thanks again for your help

·
Vendor
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
You can run the new set up with out any real negatives to our set up. The biggest thing is that tire is a bit heavy and the sidewall is quite stiff so you will pick up some harshness in the shop compared to stock but nothing that will make the car handle badly.

181 - 200 of 219 Posts