Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this is a new one to me. I was greasing my front wheel bearings using a Tiger Tool wheel bearing greaser. As usual, it was a little tight after greasing it and I had to wiggle it to remove it. Not using a large amount of pulling strength, it pulled out and the inner part of the wheel bearing race was attached to it. None of the bearings moved out of place and I was able to slide the inner part of the race back on without any problems. Has this happened to anyone? Should I replace the wheel bearing or just run it as is? The wheel hub presses against the carrier so that should keep it in place, right? I am not trying to be cheap, I just don't want to replace it if it's not bad and this is a common occurrence that I have just not ran into yet.

·
Registered
2016 RZR XP 1000
32 Posts
This happened to me the other day but under different circumstances.

I was installing new wheel bearings and as I was tapping them into place (with my install/removal too) I pulled the tool away to check the progress and the bottom race had separated and was laying on my benchtop. I just put it back in and tapped it in until it was secure.

Took it out yesterday with no ill affects (that I noticed).

Sounds like a common issue one way or another.

·
Registered
2019 Rzr Turbo S4
199 Posts
It's a common issue as the wheel bearings are a split race design. Once you put them back into place properly, put the hub back on, and torque the axle nut there shouldn't be any issue at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts