Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the rzr back together, I used loctite green and got the bearing to seat..so got all put back together and tightened..but the hub still has play in it...it kinda wobbles like it has a bad bearing..is this normal? I checked the hub and it's not cracked or broken..

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I had a set of Pivot Works bearings do that. Never had the issue with new oem bearings though. Also alittle play from bushings, ball joints, tie-rods, etc can make it feel like bearing play.

Reactions: gmck15004x4

·
Registered
506 Posts
I put some cheap bearings in my Ranger about a year ago and all 4 did that. OEM for me from now on. Replaced one OEM bearing into my RZR and tight as it should be.

·
Registered
903 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Because of the higher price to offer a lifetime warranty they may be a good choice.

All Balls are +/- $20 each.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Because of the higher price to offer a lifetime warranty they may be a good choice.

All Balls are +/- $20 each.
All Balls are what I have been using but I only get a couple of seasons out of them. I like the idea of a double taper design instead of balls.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Anything wrong with parts house wheel bearings they offer lifetime warranties as well?i cant remember which ones (think vw golf) i read on here went to autozone and the bearings were an identical match and this sets lasted a couple years and counting.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The rears are available at any good auto parts store. 510003 is the BCA number. I don't think anyone has found any automotive aftermarket bearings for the fronts yet. I've used several different eBay and Amazon bearings with limited success. OEM is the best for the front IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
2009 rzr 800 converted to S width , WE shocks , 3 inch lift
458 Posts
Many do the steel hub conversion. Front 900 xp hub rotor assembly. Fits 800s, there is a rear hub that fits too.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Any parts lists on what all is needed for this?Im interested in what this would involve considering you're probably only going to need to the swap and the hubs should last the life of any 800 and take whatever it can throw at it short of running into something or cart wheeling down a hill.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Here ya go.

·
Registered
2009 rzr 800 converted to S width , WE shocks , 3 inch lift
458 Posts
Any parts lists on what all is needed for this?Im interested in what this would involve considering you're probably only going to need to the swap and the hubs should last the life of any 800 and take whatever it can throw at it short of running into something or cart wheeling down a hill.
Check that one . A search steel hub conversion should pull up threads

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Here is all the info for the steel hub upgrades with 3/8" studs.

And for anyone wanting to go with 12mm studs and steel hubs here is that info.

Reactions: White Lightning 19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts