Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 RZR S 1000 EPS with stock drivetrain and suspension.

I need to buy some tires for it, so I'm thinking now would be a good time to upgrade the wheels too.

I was thinking about going to a 30x10R14 tire on either stock RZR XP wheels or some sort of aftermarket wheels. Would this work OK with stock drivetrain and suspension?

Thanks!

Alan

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 2018 RZR S 1000 EPS with stock drivetrain and suspension.

I need to buy some tires for it, so I'm thinking now would be a good time to upgrade the wheels too.

I was thinking about going to a 30x10R14 tire on either stock RZR XP wheels or some sort of aftermarket wheels. Would this work OK with stock drivetrain and suspension?

Thanks!

Alan

·
Registered
218 Posts
They will work fine on a stock bike depending on how you ride. Hard take offs you my need a clutch kit depending on how heavy of a tire you run. Hitting deep washouts hard they may bottom out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't ride very hard at all.

Spoke with someone that said 28" might be better for performance, but 30" would provide extra ground clearance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the BFG KM3 30x10-14 tires on Method 409 14x7 4+3 offset wheels.

Any thoughts on this combination?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to gain a better understanding the pros and cons of 5+2 vs. 4+3 offset.

I don't have any trail width restrictions that I need to worry about.

The Method rep I spoke with recommended the 4+3 offset. It sounded like it would improve the ride and handling somewhat over the 5+2.

·
Registered
218 Posts
5+2 makes you close to stock
4+3 makes you 2” wider total
Remember all tires don’t run true to size unless you run 13 psi and then they ride like flint stones tires
ST has a good video on wheel scrub

·
Registered
76 Posts
I went with system 3 wheels and tires 28 in. 5 x 2 wheel awesome, don't need any clutch work . couldn't be happier. Very light weight setup

·
kensnider
101 Posts
I am running 28" on a 2016 1000s and am very happy. Two ways to gain ground clearance tires and springs. If you have not changed out the stock springs you may have already lost a lot of ground clearance. As said not all tires run true to size diameter, some 30" may not make 29" so the gain over a true 28" tire is small. I installed a good quality after market skid plate and I have been able to go everywhere my friends with 30" tires go, I may rub a little more but I still make it. Some times driving ability cam make a much bigger difference then 1" of clearance. You can also find some great deals on 28" since everyone is going to bigger and bigger tires. It will also depend on your ridding style and where you are ridding. Let us know what you get and how it works out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up going with BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 30x10-14 tires mounted on Method 409 14x7 5+2 wheels.

Spent last weekend riding around Taylor Park and I'm really liking this combination. No rubbing or other issues.

IMG_1906.jpeg

·
Vandal
764 Posts
I don't ride very hard at all.

Spoke with someone that said 28" might be better for performance, but 30" would provide extra ground clearance.
These cars come with 27 inch tires so going up to 28s imo is a waste of money and time. I'd do 29s minimum and 30s would be my choice Youd get 1.5 inches of lift over the stock 27s and that is a good return on your investment whereas 28s will only get you a measly 1/2 inch lift. The 30s arent that much more money if you shop around. I just bought a set of 30-10-14 Duro frontier radials for $520.00. They are great hard pack and smooth surface tires and hardly any noise if you ride it on the streets,wear great and are directional so the steering is much more precise than non directional tires. I found a set of mud tires in 30 for right around 300 dollars so if you look hard you can find some better deals than you would at the more well known tire retailers. Jeds tire in Old Fort Tennessee will work with you on what they stock

1 - 17 of 17 Posts