Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
I felt like the stock ones flex when your going through the rough stuff. I didnt get crazy and put some $400 MOMO steering wheel on mine but replaced it with a grant and like it for the price.

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Maybe I'm too old. I don't see anything wrong with the stock wheel. Works just fine. But I see a lot of them are being replaced or on a want list. Why?
I'm 61 and I went with a Grant 452-1 and quick release hub... If your not the fastest then look kewl even when your sitting still...

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
maybe this can turn into the ultimate aftermarket steering wheel thread.
The other threads are generally lame. Some good posts, not enough.

Post lots of photos good ones or bad ones that you bought or a good link.

Tell if it is snug or loose, stuff like that.

(cause it's on my list still)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I have no problems with the stock one.
If looking cool is what it is about,well I am 55 and don't care about the cool factor.lol

Doug

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Anybody got a lead on them macho cool welded chrome chain link wheels in a really small diameter?? :rofl3:

I could actually probably maintain control of the trail because of eps.

:camorzr:

·
Registered
519 Posts
maybe this can turn into the ultimate aftermarket steering wheel thread.
The other threads are generally lame. Some good posts, not enough.

Post lots of photos good ones or bad ones that you bought or a good link.

Tell if it is snug or loose, stuff like that.

(cause it's on my list still)
Alright I'll play. The part number for the Grant wheel I posted about is #180-14 Formula 4. Its a very good fitting wheel and feels way stronger than the stocker. I will say that the stitching on the inside of the wheel is a little more course than I'd like. I could see if you didnt wear gloves that would irritate some people. I dont personally notice it when Im driving. Here's a picture of it installed.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
I have no problems with the stock one.
If looking cool is what it is about,well I am 55 and don't care about the cool factor.lol

Doug
You DO care about the cool factor...after all, your driving a RZR!!!!!!!!!!

If your not an aggressive driver, you wouldn't notice what's wrong with the factory wheel, but once you start getting into some aggressive rock crawling, or dunes, you feel the OEM wheel flexes quit a bit. I've read a number of stories on here that guys have snapped the upper portion of their steering wheel from these types of scenarios. That being said, I went with a MOMO and a Gear One quick release. It really does make a big difference, even when just cruising around because the wheel is made for proper hand positioning and is ergonomically correct.

....and of course, it looks awesome and matches my RZR.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I changed mine for the feel, it is thicker and has a better grip. Another benefit is it looks better. I put on a Momo Quark.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts