Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really get the aftermarket doors everyone buys, especially if the vehicle comes with lower doors stock. Is it a safety thing? A looks thing? What is the benefit? I grabbed this pic randomly off a google image search, so not calling out any one machine. Just curious on why people do this, especially when they leave on the other graphics that comes with the machine. It reminds of cars going down the road with replacement body panels in primer or another paint color because that's what was at the junk yard to fix their cars cheap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine are higher than those. I decided to go with mine when I had my cage built because I think the high doors look better and as a side benefit they keep a lot more mud, water , etc our than the stock doors. They also cover me up to my shoulder so much less dodging sticks, briars, etc.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
I'm curies to, I know most aftermarket doors are meatal, Maybe people get them cuz they are more durable...? Who knows, I think they look better, But I'm curies as well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My doors are higher and bulge out a bit on the inside for added room. Mine are also paint match ghost grey. They do make graphic kits for full metal doors if your into that thing but I removed my graphics because I think the look a bit mickey mouse. I've never been a fan of the graphics on Polaris machines. This is the one thing I think other manufactures do better. IMO they can keep the goofy tribal and crazy stripe patterns. Id take a clean good looking paint job any day of the week. But it all comes down to personal preference If everyone rolled around with the stock full doors and left the stock graphics then then the machines would all look the same and you would lose the owners personality and style.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
My doors are higher and bulge out a bit on the inside for added room. Mine are also paint match ghost grey. They do make graphic kits for full metal doors if your into that thing but I removed my graphics because I think the look a bit mickey mouse. I've never been a fan of the graphics on Polaris machines. This is the one thing I think other manufactures do better. IMO they can keep the goofy tribal and crazy stripe patterns. Id take a clean good looking paint job any day of the week. But it all comes down to personal preference If everyone rolled around with the stock full doors and left the stock graphics then then the machines would all look the same and you would lose the owners personality and style.
Ya I see what you are getting at. They do look better!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Surprisingly my wife bugged me about getting the doors. She was tired of dodging all the rocks flinging into the cab.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
If i could do it over again or go back in time..

I would of never invested in lower polaris doors to add to my oem doors.

I should have invested in 1 piece doors from the get go.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
If i could do it over again or go back in time..

I would of never invested in lower polaris doors to add to my oem doors.

I should have invested in 1 piece doors from the get go.
What's make's you want the 1 piece door vs the OEM with the lower doors?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Turbo S came with "full doors" from Polaris. My previous Velocity did not, but I found 4 lower doors on eBay for around $120 for the full set and was fine with them - they were cheap and simple to install. They did keep extra crap from coming in the openings. From what I gather, it is more about the look of the aftermarket doors than added functionality. If folks like the look of them, by all means go for it. It is fun customizing a RZR to be unique. For me, I will spend my money elsewhere.

·
Registered
2014 RZR XP1000
1,367 Posts
My Turbo S came with "full doors" from Polaris. My previous Velocity did not, but I found 4 lower doors on eBay for around $120 for the full set and was fine with them - they were cheap and simple to install. They did keep extra crap from coming in the openings. From what I gather, it is more about the look of the aftermarket doors than added functionality. If folks like the look of them, by all means go for it. It is fun customizing a RZR to be unique. For me, I will spend my money elsewhere.
Ya there is better places to spend that money, I would do the doors when I have most of the mods I want like, Cage, Tires, Maybe seats, Etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts