Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
629 Posts
I will be the outlier and say the XPT 4 is the better choice for a 4 seater. The improved pieces that go with the turbo would make it a worthy option. Yes it is his first SXS but he is no kid and appears to have his act together. It ain't like he has never been out in the dirt before.
So with the OP's added information I would tell him go for the XPT 4.
Nomamm, snoop around a bit and see if you can find an ultra clean lo mile car, an 18 or even 19, that some guy has dumped a ton of cash into and now wants to upgrade to an S car or a pro. He went to the dealer and found out how badly he is gonna get hurt to trade it in and is looking for any way to get out a bit cleaner. Maybe only lose 13k instead of 20
Go to his house to look at it.
Look at how he takes car of his other stuff. Look at his house. Evaluate the guy. Stuff clean? I don't mean all new stuff I mean is it well cared for...are his tools put away, does he take pride in his possessions?
Take yer wallet. And a trailer.
Ya might get lucky.
If ya don't start shopping the dealers.
I am no fan of dealers, but the guys here will steer you in the right direction for a dealer in your neck of the woods if you post up and ask. If you are willing to travel you can save some bucks. If you catch the dealer on the right day of the month you might do ok.
I bought my Turbo S Dynamix out the door for less than the Velocity model listed for, and I bought it in California. The dealer told me that he screwed up big time, and wrote and signed an offer on my car using the velocity rebates and numbers. I took that with a grain of salt, naturally. Our family, my brother, etc. has purchased 6 rzrs from him. In any event the price was right. Whatever he did he honored his written offer. I jumped.
In any event, I look forward to seeing some pics of your new ride, whatever you choose, when you get it. These things are a blast, and a money pit, but the first time you look in the mirror and see the grin on your son's face all that means nothing.

As for the Dynamix suspension...well here is my 2 cents. I think Polaris got it right with this set up. I spent some serious $ to upgrade the suspension on my XP1000, went with Ed the Suspension guy and replaced the front 2.0 walkers ,with 2.5's sprung and valved by Ed, and he revalved and resprung the rears. It was a night and day improvement.
The Dynamix outta the box is better than that, and the long travel on the Turbo S just makes the grin that much bigger. I am sold on it. 100%. Being able to switch on the fly from comfort to race is incredible. Knowing the car will go to full stiff if the suspension unloads (it really works) or if I get on the brakes(it does) is awesome.
I am hard to please, I am an old fart who doesn't part with his $ easily, and I really believe the S is the last car I will need to buy.
Come next fall I will by a full set of springs from him because the bean counters at Polaris continue to buy their springs from Lo Bid Potmetal, Inc, LLC, Shanghai, China.
I sat in a XP pro at the dealer a while back. It is comfy and has more room, but with the good seats and Dirt engineered doors I am quite comfy in mine, and I have learned the hard way buying first year models from Polaris is a bad Idea. Never again. Never.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a 2010 RZR 4 800cc, this was well before the days of turbos. I know that doesn't even remotely compare to a XP1k4 or even a XPT4 of today, but my point is this, when I had my original 4 seater and loaded down with gear and the family, it struggled to get out its way, especially in the big mountains of Colorado, Moab. That would be my only concern with a 110 hp 4 seater, not enough umph to carry all the gear and family too. IMO, the turbo is definitely the way to go, given the price difference btn XP1K4 and XPT4. We are now empty nesters, and I recently got me a Pro XP 2 seater, and man the power is incredible, no more wishing I had a little more umph to get up the hills or down the trails.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I had a 2010 RZR 4 800cc, this was well before the days of turbos. I know that doesn't even remotely compare to a XP1k4 or even a XPT4 of today, but my point is this, when I had my original 4 seater and loaded down with gear and the family, it struggled to get out its way, especially in the big mountains of Colorado, Moab. That would be my only concern with a 110 hp 4 seater, not enough umph to carry all the gear and family too. IMO, the turbo is definitely the way to go, given the price difference btn XP1K4 and XPT4. We are now empty nesters, and I recently got me a Pro XP 2 seater, and man the power is incredible, no more wishing I had a little more umph to get up the hills or down the trails.
How do you like your Pro? I know it is $3k more then the XPT, but for the extra power, stronger parts, full doors, bigger tires off the production line, it seems to make sense to a point that its worth the extra cost. How long have you had the pro? Any problems with it so far?

·
Premium Member
7,388 Posts
How do you like your Pro? I know it is $3k more then the XPT, but for the extra power, stronger parts, full doors, bigger tires off the production line, it seems to make sense to a point that its worth the extra cost. How long have you had the pro? Any problems with it so far?
One thing I want to soapbox on. Full doors. The ProXP doesn't have full doors. I think the only thing that comes with full doors is the General.
Why? Turbo motors make a LOT of heat. Radiator is up front, and plumbing runs right thru the tunnel, inches from your gas pedal foot. Full doors are one thing IF you ride muddy places and don't have good mud flaps. Or if you're riding in cold weather. But if you're out here in mid-summer with full doors, you're going to be driving along holding one open a few inches to get some air circulation and blow some heat out. Even my S900 gets too hot in the cab with the door lowers on in the spring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I absolutely love it! I bought it back in October and have had zero problems, I also have about 20 hrs seat time now. Its very fast, fun and nimble. The turning radius is great. I do have the factory windshield, tops, door inserts, front and rear bumpers and rock sliders. I have had zero problems with any of that too. Im not into mudding any more, mostly trial rides, but with all the rain, the mud is inevitable. I stay fairly clean inside, just my left arm and some mud gets thrown up on my shoulder but not bad. I went with the premium, I couldn't justify the money for the suspension and audio that the ultimate offers for my style of riding. I like to hear the engine, not the stereo. There's 2 things more I will be upgrading in the near future though, the springs in the rear are not that good and I bottom out with just me in it. I hear the Pro 4 has better springs though to prevent this. The other is a windshield wiper! The windshield, stops a lot of mud from being thrown up but it gets covered in mud and I have to stop and clean it off every so often. Other than that, so far, its my favorite SXS Ive owned and ridden in. If I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely get the Pro XP again!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts