Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going with super atv's new 29.5x10-14 terminators(when they come out). Should I get 6 or 8 inch wide wheels. I know the 6's will have a less chance of popping the beads, but the 8's will have a flatter profile which is what I need.

Would beadlocks be necessary? I'll use the rzr for mudding and trail rides, no racing or anything.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Hey D Rock, either rim would work fine, and it seems like you have already made the choice to go 8" wide based on the flatter profile you need. And you can get around the bead popping issue via a beadlock. I'm sure Super ATV offers a package deal where you can buy a wheel and tire together.

In regards to if you need a beadlock or not really depends on your budget and how you ride. I like to look at beadlocks as insurance, you won't need them until it is too late. If you commonly find yourself far from camp, then having a beadlock would be a great choice, allowing you to make it back to camp despite a flat tire. The beadlock will also strengthen the rims, another plus if you go on long rides. There certainly is the additional cost of the beadlock, but you have to buy wheels anyways so you might as well spend the extra bucks and get what you really need. The upfront cost is the only hurdle you need to overcome.

Bones

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.