Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I have started to look for a toyhauler, but I am having trouble finding one like I want. What I would like it to have is a generator, be a bumper pull, have approx 18' cargo area to hold 2 rzr's and be in the $15-20k range. I have been looking at used ones to get more for my money. It just seems that most ads do not show the cargo length which I would think is very important in selling a toyhauler. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Don't know quite what you expect but we have a 21 ft 06 K2 by Komfort and there's no way you would get 2 RZRs in. I have been trying to figure out if I can get our RZR and my V force in maybe side x side. Whenever you go looking do what we did and take a good measuring tape with the dimensions of your machines and I think you'll find you need at least 26 ft to haul 2 RZRs. Keep in mind too that there seems to be two widths 96 inches and 102 of toy haulers not all are one width. Also check the tiedown D rings carefully for placement to tie down 2 rigs not all have adequite tiedowns. Hope that helps and I'm sure others will chime in with good advice, good luck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
He never mentioned trailer length, just cargo space, says he needs 18 feet. I don't even think you can get 18 ft. of cargo space in a 26 ft. model could you? Where would you sleep, eat or crap?....LOL
That's true. And something I also forgot buying new is expensive a two or three year old toy hauler is much better. And if it has a rear bed make sure to measure the hidth under the bed. The first one we liked and almost bought didn't have enough for our RZR with stock tires.

·
Registered
888 Posts
You are definitely not going to get 2 RZRs into anything that is going to be hitch towable. You are looking at the 5th wheel category to get into the longer length of actual storage area. 30+ feet long. The other issue you are going to have is finding one that's not thrashed in the 15k-20k range.
Good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The only model toy hauler that I have seen that could hold two RZRs is a 36 foot Weekend Warrior. I saw it at an RV show in I think 2006. It had a front sleeper and I was impressed with the idea of being able to get 5 quads in it. It was a triple axle monster though.

One of the problems with getting a long cargo area toy hauler is that there are not enough tie down points to secure two RZRs. Usually one will end up in the kitchen area where there are no tie down points in the floor.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
my friend has a 36 ft sierra and 2 rzr's fit no problem

my additude has enought room for two stock 50 in rzr's with no bummpers but not rzr-s a front sleeper takes away from storage so look for a front bath with rear beds i have 2 eletric bunks and i clear them with out a light bar on... 27 ft and bigger should work...

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Call me basic and "cheap" right now...But I have a 24' enclosed car hauler 2010 brand new...We haul our RAZR and my sons 170 ect....8K generator in there as well as all the camping stuff...Once I unload it.. I just close up the back, we use the side door, We have those air up queen size beds with the stands under em' My wife turns that trailer into a little house all 24' worth of it.. we have a kitchen table bed lights ect...generator runs it all.. Sometimes on long trips I even throw in the small fridge...If I havnt bought an RV to pull it to Glamis next year, thats what Ill be doing..If I get an RV, well then I guess my days of "slumming" it are over..(and it "aint" slummin, cause the wife really sets it up NICE!!) Sometimes when i get back after going for a 30 min ride and walk in, You would swear you were standing in an RV setup with everything from heating and airconditioning to lights and a kitchen...They sell portable everything now-a-days!! Just a thought......My wife wont sleep in a tent....Too many bears in Alaska..But this Trailer is GREAT!!

Good luck on your hunt..BTW I can fit 2 full size RAZRs in my trailer easy... (if your looking at one of those "toy haulers" that are part RV..I really dont think they make them near big enough for 2 RAZRs...)

UPDATE: are those siearra's and stuff acrually part RV??

·
Slacker
94 Posts
My 33ft 5th wheel holds my RZR-S and two full size quads. There are toy haulers out there, but admittedly, they are probably difficult to find. Most will be out of your price range, although right now it is a buyer's market. Best of luck!

·
Registered
561 Posts
I bumper toy hauler that will haul to rzr is gonna have to be about 35' and IMO its just dangerous to pull a pumper pull that is that long.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am no stranger to trailering just trying to see what is out there and was not having alot of luck on my own. The one's that milo put up looks like it would work and looks nice. I may end up with a 5th wheel. I am just not sure if it will fit in the barn. I also have a camper shell on my truck I don't want to take off for every time we go on a trip.
thanks again

·
Registered
617 Posts
You are definitely not going to get 2 RZRs into anything that is going to be hitch towable. You are looking at the 5th wheel category to get into the longer length of actual storage area. 30+ feet long. The other issue you are going to have is finding one that's not thrashed in the 15k-20k range.
Good luck.
X2, I can't get two Rzrs in my 33' Weekend Warrior 5th wheel. You could probably do it with a 35' though.

·
Registered
343 Posts
My plan is to keep my bumber pull TH and haul another ATV, or in your case a rzr, in the bed of the truck. Those Diamond back truck bed cover are nice for hauling atv's.

·
Just kidding!
10,754 Posts
I wouldnt worry about having a onboard generator.When I bought my toy hauler i made sure it had a onboard gen. But now I wish I wouldnt have.I only have a 21' and the generator is kinda loud inside.Its a good gen too,its a onan 4000 watt.It is real quite outside but not as quite as i would like inside.If I had my choice I would have 2 honda 2000 watt generators.They are SUPER quite and sip the gas.You only need to run 1 most of the time.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My plan is to keep my bumber pull TH and haul another ATV, or in your case a rzr, in the bed of the truck. Those Diamond back truck bed cover are nice for hauling atv's.
Toy haulers are very tounge heavy.Both of mine have been over one thousand pounds at the hitch. I assume you are using a 3/4 ton with good suspension but even with that I bet you're going to be significantly over the rating of your rear tires, axels and springs.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Toy haulers are very tounge heavy.Both of mine have been over one thousand pounds at the hitch. I assume you are using a 3/4 ton with good suspension but even with that I bet you're going to be significantly over the rating of your rear tires, axels and springs.
I have a k3500 and would be using a weight distribution hitch.
As far as the weekend warriors I have heard a few bad stories about earlier ones. Does anyone know what years to stay away from.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's the really long non-5th wheel Weekend Warriors you want to avoid. Some of the frames bent. But I've seen people do some pretty dramatic things, so it might be how they were used, too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts