Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get an LE in the next 2 weeks, going out to Havasu for 4 days of fun.

What should be done before the first ride?

Im thinking:

Harness's
Utv Inc complete gusset kit.
Utv inc 1 piece skid with trailing arm skids.

Later I will do a cage and doors, but I want to make sure I get everything protected before it gets tweaked.

Anything else?:pint:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Read the threads about air box problems and decide if you want to modify or change the ait filter setup. I decided to keep the oem paper element with a DMC filter gasket.

Congrats on the new ride. We'll be out in Havasu over Tday.

droidage.....

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Looking to get an LE in the next 2 weeks, going out to Havasu for 4 days of fun.

What should be done before the first ride?

Im thinking:

Harness's

Anything else?:pint:
Yeap thatd be my first.. Congrats! :ride:

·
Registered
250 Posts
If you have not purchased a ride yet call Jack at AZ West in Havasu. They have been one of the top selling dealers In the Nation for the last few years. Their philosophy is to maximize sales volume not maximize sales profite. They will hook you up.
FYI I have no direct interest or personal relationships at AZ West its just that I have bought two RZR's from them and highly recommend them.( best prices and good peps)
Definitely get harnesses right off the bat. I find the 3" Pro Armor ones to be very comfortable and very user friendly. (You may want to look up Devious Powersports on this site for them they have a better deal but require you to install this will save you about $200. not to difficult to install.
Skid plate and trailing arm guards are not a bad idea if your planning to do some rock crawling type riding. Maybe a soft top as well. And half windshield is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Op. Appears your on the right track. Harnesses #1. I would also HIGHLY RECOMMEND some suspension seats!! I'm partial to twisted stitch but there are several great seats out there. They truly make a huge difference.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hi SoCal2KS,

See our ready to go RZR ELITE Bluetooth/switchable DSP Intercom system(s) that will bolt right in fast.

Or better yet , come visit us as we are local to you in Signal Hill.

see PCI Race Radios, Inc. - Communications, Navigation, Safety Equipment
Are you guys a supporting vendor ??
Or even a supporting member??
Seems like you ought to be before you push your products. Imo
Uh oh, the forum sponsorship police!
Uh oh, a new forum smart azz..:rofl3: !! Can never have to many of those!! Just rousting ya man.
It was just a question and an opinion.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got my Icom F121 from a few years ago that I purchased at the solder joint. Does it need to be upgraded to meet the new radio standards?

Ok it seems like I will add an intake gasket to the list. Maybe outerwears on the vents as well.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Harnesses for safety without a doubt.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im liking the looks of the Pro Armor Harness's, mainly for the cell phone holder integration. I have had Crow's in the past, they look pretty similar?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
We had Pro Armors in our RZR and loved them. The first two things I would do are harnesses and a aftermarket cage if one can be afforded.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Everyone nailed it with Harness is first and a must have. Skids are nice but depends on where you rie and how...You may not need them. Everything else is how you want to personalize your ride. Doors add safety but not neccesary in my eyes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah the plan is pro armor harness's.

UTVinc:
Full Body Skid
Trailing Arm Skid
Gusset Kit with 2in Receiver
Rattle Stop
Air box lid Fix

I have a feeling riding in havasu will tear some things up.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Yeah the plan is pro armor harness's.

UTVinc:
Full Body Skid
Trailing Arm Skid
Gusset Kit with 2in Receiver
Rattle Stop
Air box lid Fix

I have a feeling riding in havasu will tear some things up.
I ride in Parker all the time. I have yet to ride up in Havasu bu this year I really want to. I ride with fast and with a passenger most of the time so I got a skid plate and definitely need one. Go with UHMV and NOT Alum.

You ever ride Parker?

·
Rzr spy
2,235 Posts
To the op, you have to know where most of your riding is going to be and what kind of rider you are before you make the decisions on what to buy. Also, realize that there are 'nice to have' and 'need to have' items to buy.

I live in Havasu and ride almost exclusively here. Glamis is my new frontier ill be riding in. But for Havasu:

-harnesses (even tho many seem to survive without them, it's cheap insurance)
-spare tire, or a way to fix your flat (our desert here is unforgiving on tires, but BH's seem to be the best for out here)
-street legalize your Rzr (unless you like trailering it to your ride spot)

Everything else is pretty subjective, but those would be my top three (if ur getting an Xp, I believe the stock skid is good enough for out here).

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
To the op, you have to know where most of your riding is going to be and what kind of rider you are before you make the decisions on what to buy. Also, realize that there are 'nice to have' and 'need to have' items to buy.

-spare tire, or a way to fix your flat (our desert here is unforgiving on tires, but BH's seem to be the best for out here)
-street legalize your Rzr (unless you like trailering it to your ride spot)
Spare tire is a good idea. You guys are lucky in AZ that can street legal your rides. :ride:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts