Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats next on the upgrades?

I have a rzr 4 1000 done up pretty good like I like it. What is the next big thing to do to it? Im a mud rider

S3 lift
Wheels and tires
High Lifter forward arms
MTX radio with sub
rock lights
lower doors
clutch kit

This is what I have already. Any sugestions on what to spend my hard earned money on next?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
What does it not do, or not do well, that you wish it did? I mean, if you run mud you need horsepower and tires, and parts that don’t break in between, so...

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Stash your money in a coffee can ...like Al Bundy and save it for when shit breaks ...that way you dont have to explain the missing 600 in the check account too the warden....and you save your brownie points too get more accessories later! ...She is never impressed with my broken shit ....dont know why , I worked hard at it ...HA !....:shtf1:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to build me a front and rear bumper when I have time in the winter.

I have a nice tool set that I keep on board.

I have a full roof

Dont wear seat belts while muddin.....almost drown once when I "fell over"

I have the rock sliders

I have a winch

I need to make a good list I guess, lol

It does everything I have asked of it so far. It has actully impressed me a few times.

I just know there is always something else I "need"

Even added some daytime running lights and had a guy paint up the hood

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have one thing most people don't and that's a rear winch. I love the thing. Its a racer tech brand with a 4500lb viper. One of the best investments when riding alone. Something to think about when you build your bumpers.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
A really good ( I mean really good) re-valve and correct springs will do wonders- not only in the mud- but getting to it makes life so so much easier...The stock set-up plane sucks when compared to a "proper re-valve".
keeping the HP to the ground and no more donkey kicks will let you hit the mud with much more aggression, let alone the new found handling of your ride.

Hit up Ed the suspension guy, "Pound sand -on here .. he treats every customer with pride.

·
Premium Member
7,386 Posts
Quit overthinking the upgrades and go ride it. It'll tell you what it wants.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stash your money in a coffee can ...like Al Bundy and save it for when shit breaks ...that way you dont have to explain the missing 600 in the check account too the warden....and you save your brownie points too get more accessories later! ...She is never impressed with my broken shit ....dont know why , I worked hard at it ...HA !....:shtf1:
This man speaks the truth!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Stash your money in a coffee can ...like Al Bundy and save it for when shit breaks ...that way you dont have to explain the missing 600 in the check account too the warden....and you save your Abrownie points too get more accessories later! ...She is never impressed with my broken shit ....dont know why , I worked hard at it ...HA !....
This man speaks the truth!!!
another vote for this upgrade.

·
5,660 Posts
Portals for sure! And if you're spending a bunch of time beating on it in the mud you may want to beef up some transmission components like your reverse chain (depending on model), pinion shaft and snorkel gear, and maybe a transmission gear reduction on top of the portals. Make it bulletproof and beat the hell out of it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would look at getting a snorkel set up if you don't have one already ... also a rear winch can come in super handy if you tackle some thing too deep to winch forward through.

SATV wide fenders do wonders for keeping the mud out of the cabin... also cut the clean up time in half

1 - 15 of 15 Posts