Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here, after doing some research I’m looking at swamp donkey roof top audio systems, sound bars, Rockford fosgate packages, any one have any these? How’s the quality of sound? Is the Rockford fosgate worth the money? Most of the sound bars have terrible reviews . Any input would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
It really boils down to how satisfied you will be with what Sounds.

i started with a wetsounds stealth 10. My friends said they sound good for being a soundbar. They were right, but it sucks. Zero mid‘s and zero bass. I then added a JL audio 10 in the glovebox and 2 6.5” JL Audio pods by the front floor and it sounds good for me(I’m not a sound buff). I have contemplated getting rid of the soundbar for some JL 8.8’s but I’m not willing to spend the $$.
my advice is come up with a budget and figure out what is important to you.

·
Registered
878 Posts
It really boils down to how satisfied you will be with what Sounds.

i started with a wetsounds stealth 10. My friends said they sound good for being a soundbar. They were right, but it sucks. Zero mid‘s and zero bass. I then added a JL audio 10 in the glovebox and 2 6.5” JL Audio pods by the front floor and it sounds good for me(I’m not a sound buff). I have contemplated getting rid of the soundbar for some JL 8.8’s but I’m not willing to spend the $$.
my advice is come up with a budget and figure out what is important to you.
You would love the JL 8.8’s. I have them in the rear with 6.5” pods in the front and a sub in the glove box. Setup pounds and the mids sound amazing even at 60mph

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I have a loud exhaust and blow off valve for my sound system. No time for blastin post Malone while I'm concentrating on mobbin trails!

On a side note I came from the dirt bike and sport quad world so thinking of having a radio while riding is just weird for me. I've had 5 rzrs and never had a radio in one. But it does make me laugh when I pass people on the trails in the middle of west Virginia with 2pac blasting so loud you could hear it for 2 miles. Actually just made me lol thinking about it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I also have the Wetsounds 10 sound bar. I suppose it all depends on what you expect for music in an off-road buggy. To me, I’m just happy to be there- with music. The bass does suck, though. But it doesn’t have subs, so I expected that. I have contemplated the $400 glovebox sub, but haven’t quite been able to justify the expense. Perhaps next year. Always a work in progress and prioritization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
I am considering a Bazooka party bar with glove box sub. Been seat belting my exogear Bluetooth speaker in back seat. Works good until your moving lol

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have a loud exhaust and blow off valve for my sound system. No time for blastin post Malone while I'm concentrating on mobbin trails!

On a side note I came from the dirt bike and sport quad world so thinking of having a radio while riding is just weird for me. I've had 5 rzrs and never had a radio in one. But it does make me laugh when I pass people on the trails in the middle of west Virginia with 2pac blasting so loud you could hear it for 2 miles. Actually just made me lol thinking about it.
Why in every stereo thread there is some buzz killer crying about loud systems? Honestly no one cares if you guys don’t like music. There is plenty of people who enjoy listening to music while they ride. To me it’s boring without the music. My stereo also gets the girls moving when we stop for drinks or night parties. Your exhaust and bov isn’t going to get any asses bouncing

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I opted not to use the Ride Command in the XPT/S due to so many post about issues with it. I am still hoping that someone is able to get that all straightened out. I would love to be able to control my system from the dash. I am using a Wet Sounds SYN-DX 6 amp and (2) Wet Sounds Rev 8 tower speakers mounted behind driver/pass head. The Wet Sounds speakers have great sound quality and are extremely loud. Especially when only inches behind your head. I also purchased (2) Wet Sounds Revo 6 speakers that I have yet to mount. I don't think I really need them. Since I was not using the Ride Command to control the system I went with the Wet Sounds WW-BT UR Universal Marine Bluetooth Receiver. It plugs into my amp and allows me to control the system from my phone or Ipod. The Wet Sounds equipment is pricey but you get a lot of sound out of just a couple of speakers which was important to me for a two seat Rzr with a short cage.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Why in every stereo thread there is some buzz killer crying about loud systems? Honestly no one cares if you guys don’t like music. There is plenty of people who enjoy listening to music while they ride. To me it’s boring without the music. My stereo also gets the girls moving when we stop for drinks or night parties. Your exhaust and bov isn’t going to get any asses bouncing
I don't think he was being a "buzzkill" but mearing making an observation. Personally the "party" crowd cracks me up but everybody to their own, it's all cool. There are the party riders and then are those of us who are there to ride and challenge ourselves and machines. Only reason I have a stereo is to drown out the squeaks and creaks ?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I opted not to use the Ride Command in the XPT/S due to so many post about issues with it. I am still hoping that someone is able to get that all straightened out. I would love to be able to control my system from the dash. I am using a Wet Sounds SYN-DX 6 amp and (2) Wet Sounds Rev 8 tower speakers mounted behind driver/pass head. The Wet Sounds speakers have great sound quality and are extremely loud. Especially when only inches behind your head. I also purchased (2) Wet Sounds Revo 6 speakers that I have yet to mount. I don't think I really need them. Since I was not using the Ride Command to control the system I went with the Wet Sounds WW-BT UR Universal Marine Bluetooth Receiver. It plugs into my amp and allows me to control the system from my phone or Ipod. The Wet Sounds equipment is pricey but you get a lot of sound out of just a couple of speakers which was important to me for a two seat Rzr with a short cage.
I have had no issues with using ride command as the head unit. I actually really like it and it’s nice having the eq on it so even if a friend connects the sound is still right. I personally wouldn’t run a hlcd like the rev8’s on a SXS. The JL 8.8 is a badass 8” mid driver with a grill mounted tweeter, very neutral sound. Those horns are bright and harsh up close but that’s just personal preference of course

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't think he was being a "buzzkill" but mearing making an observation. Personally the "party" crowd cracks me up but everybody to their own, it's all cool. There are the party riders and then are those of us who are there to ride and challenge ourselves and machines. Only reason I have a stereo is to drown out the squeaks and creaks ?
After putting pro armor doors on my xp4 900 it forced me to get a stereo lol. Yeah I hear you on the party crowd. Usually only late at night is when we’re parking lot jammin. Everyone has there own thing I just don’t see the reason to comment against others interests

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,110 Posts
I don't have a stereo in my RZR...my wife does! It's to each their own, and I don't think DBRs1 was crying either, it's just two different ways to enjoy the experience of the machine. I very rarely ever turn it on if the wife isn't with me, but it's the first thing she'll do when she gets in.

That being said.... 4 MB Quart 6.5's, two in pods on the rear cage, 2 in SSV works enclosures in the kick panels, powered by a kicker 300.4 amp mounted under the dash behind the display, and controlled by an MTX bluetooth controller, It's about a $850 setup, but I found it all on sale at different points in time and have about $500 in it. Crystal clear sound that you can turn all the way up if you want, not that you really need to, with the kick panel speakers you can hear it pretty well at 1/2 volume up to about 1/2 throttle. Not heavy in bass department, but with no sub, i didn't expect it to be.

Not sure if you have a 2 seat or 4, but if you have a 4 seat... 2 speakers, or a sound bar, behind the back seats isn't a good option, you'll have to turn to full volume to hear it while you're just cruising, and if you have back passengers, they won't enjoy it at all since it's right next to their ear and tends to be nothing but distorted noise.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
I have had both the JL 8.8s and the Rev 8s. I love the sound of the JLs. If I were going to listen to them in a quiet environment for sound quality alone, I would no doubt chose the JLs. However on the trail mixed with the sound of multiple exhaust, other stereos, wind, etc. I chose to have the ear piercing projection of the horns this time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don’t really listen to music while driving around. But the few times me and the wife just went and cruised around without the motor and exhaust screaming I put a wireless Bluetooth speaker that’s about the size of a shoe box in the back. It’s rechargeable and the battery lasts 8+ hours. Gets pretty damn loud, decent quality and has bass. About the simplest option for me since I don’t want to spend money and have a sound system installed with speakers hanging everywhere.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have the SSV works system with the two kicker pod speakers and amp. It hooks directly into the ride command system and I use that for a head to control everything. It works great and sounds great. I have had no problems at all with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys new here, after doing some research I’m looking at swamp donkey roof top audio systems, sound bars, Rockford fosgate packages, any one have any these? How’s the quality of sound? Is the Rockford fosgate worth the money? Most of the sound bars have terrible reviews . Any input would be great! Thanks
I have a 400w amp under my hood with an audio wire that runs through the dash to my phone with 5 hi amp speakers in a home made wood sound box over head and it will blast you out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the SSV works system with the two kicker pod speakers and amp. It hooks directly into the ride command system and I use that for a head to control everything. It works great and sounds great. I have had no problems at all with it.
Do you have Dynamix? The dealer said people had feedback issues if you used the Ride Command as the head unit with Dynamix. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Yeap I have Dynamix in my Turbo S and I have no feedback issues at all. The SSV works system I have works awesome.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Do you have Dynamix? The dealer said people had feedback issues if you used the Ride Command as the head unit with Dynamix. Thanks!
I have the dynamix and have basically no feedback as well. Using a JL amp and some ride command to rca adapters. Very easy diy install on the rzr. Ride command works great as a head unit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts