Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone cleaned their itp wheels with simple green or purple power? The manufacture says soap and water but I'm wondering if I can just spray whatever on there and powerwash it off with everything else.
I know purple power is industrial but simple green doesn't seem too harsh.

If you guys know of any other good products to clean wheels with let me know.

Thanks,
Zac

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Zac,
Use Mothers Aluminium/Mag Wheel Cleaner...It will take a bit longer than what you were asking using the Power Washer, BUT I know that you will be happy with the results
Blackbart

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
Zac,
Use Mothers Aluminium/Mag Wheel Cleaner...It will take a bit longer than what you were asking using the Power Washer, BUT I know that you will be happy with the results
Blackbart
x2 the otheirs will dull and or blotch the rims

Hey There John,
How's it going? Bout time to start thinkin' bout Xmas...:))
might pass on it this year....hate to but this wasnt a great year for me...glad to see you back..missed your post.

·
AKA: blinginvic
2,889 Posts
Most machined wheels are clearcoated, so really, the mag polish isn't going to do a lot for you. Your best off to use regular car polish. If they are quite dull, then start off with a slightly more abrasive polish, then finishing polish, then a coat of wax. Metal polish on paint will just wear down the clearcoat, and make them dull...IMHO!!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Most machined wheels are clearcoated, so really, the mag polish isn't going to do a lot for you. Your best off to use regular car polish. If they are quite dull, then start off with a slightly more abrasive polish, then finishing polish, then a coat of wax. Metal polish on paint will just wear down the clearcoat, and make them dull...IMHO!!!
Bil is the master of cleanliness here on the forum...trust me he knows what he is talking about, he spends more time cleaning his rig than most guys do deciding if they are going to purchase a RZR.....IMOH :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Anybody know if the Polaris Rock Crusher Wheels are Clear Coated? Mine are now lookin as good as they did new.
Ken

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Thanks Bil.... By the way, my post was meant to say the my wheels are NOT lookin as good as new. Hopefully I can brighten them up a bit useing your suggestion.
Ken

1 - 10 of 10 Posts