Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Did you keep the same width from your original tires? I would love to go up to 27" but the fronts are 25 X 8 and the rears are 25 X 10 and I don't think there would be clearance on the fronts for a wider tire??? Other than buying larger wheels did you make any other modifications and what was the cost of the new tires and wheels? TIA.

:cool:
On the 900 Trail many, including myself go with 27x9x12 all the way around on stock wheels. No problems and this allows you to 4 corner rotate the tires for better life.

·
2017 RZR 570 EPS
2017 RZR 570 EPS: 27" Terrabites, Superwinch, Fully Custom Aux Electric Panel, Tusk Doors, Roof
13 Posts
On the 900 Trail many, including myself go with 27x9x12 all the way around on stock wheels. No problems and this allows you to 4 corner rotate the tires for better life.
I had planned to do this, but couldn't find any cheap front rims to make the swap.

·
Registered
363 Posts
"I also have a 2017 EPS, and I put 27" Terra Bites on mine as well. Love them. Lots of hardpack mountain terrain where I ride, and I've never been wanting for traction..... This is coming off a mountain near Hill City, SD."

Did you keep the same width from your original tires? I would love to go up to 27" but the fronts are 25 X 8 and the rears are 25 X 10 and I don't think there would be clearance on the fronts for a wider tire??? Other than buying larger wheels did you make any other modifications and what was the cost of the new tires and wheels? TIA.

:cool:
27 x 9 all the way around - I can rotate them for better wear - never had problem with traction.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So is everyone running the 27 Terra bites on there 570 happy with power and no rubbing? I plan to replace the tires on my 2020 this spring. I like these or mongrels it 27x9. Will need to buy two front rims for the rear. No luck finding used rims. I have no lift at this time but plan a 2 inch highlighter type.

Are you guys running 12 or 14 rims?

John

·
2017 RZR 570 EPS
2017 RZR 570 EPS: 27" Terrabites, Superwinch, Fully Custom Aux Electric Panel, Tusk Doors, Roof
13 Posts
So is everyone running the 27 Terra bites on there 570 happy with power and no rubbing? I plan to replace the tires on my 2020 this spring. I like these or mongrels it 27x9. Will need to buy two front rims for the rear. No luck finding used rims. I have no lift at this time but plan a 2 inch highlighter type.

Are you guys running 12 or 14 rims?

John
I tend to ride at 3500' up to 9000' in my area, and ride with my wife, spare tire, and cooler (400lb of people/gear). Most of the trails are so rocky I spend most of my time in L gear, and I've never felt underpowered. On gravel, I noticed a slight decrease in top-end speed, but it's a 50" machine, and 50mph on stock shocks is plenty fast for me. 12" rims here.

·
Registered
50 Posts
While we are on the subject here, what does everyone think about doing steel wheels with 3 inches more offset on each side with these 27 inch terrabyte tires? Most of the areas I ride are 60 inch so 56 wide wouldnt be a problem. Was thinking it would add a bit more stability to sidehilling and let me take a bit better line on rocky hills.

·
2017 RZR 570 EPS
13 Posts
While we are on the subject here, what does everyone think about doing steel wheels with 3 inches more offset on each side with these 27 inch terrabyte tires? Most of the areas I ride are 60 inch so 56 wide wouldnt be a problem. Was thinking it would add a bit more stability to sidehilling and let me take a bit better line on rocky hills.
Have you thought about doing the S conversion? That'll take you up to 60" and give a whole lot more suspension travel.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Really can't justify spending that kind of money on the machine but was thinking of going up a couple sizes on the tires and going with the steel wheels as they would seem to be a bit more durable and cheaper to install. Thought it would be good to have a bit more clearance on all the inner components and the wheel is some tight in there, but not sure if thats just going to lead to rubbing elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Really can't justify spending that kind of money on the machine but was thinking of going up a couple sizes on the tires and going with the steel wheels as they would seem to be a bit more durable and cheaper to install. Thought it would be good to have a bit more clearance on all the inner components and the wheel is some tight in there, but not sure if thats just going to lead to rubbing elsewhere.
You will definitely gain stability going to the wider offset and any clearance is always welcome in the 50". It will be a little harder on steering parts. As far as steel versus alloy you will gain a little weight with steel but all your really loosing is looks.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts